Update On My Sister

Hidr

She has had two treatments. Went today to get treatment number three and the Doctor took her off the study. Her cat scan from last week showed some of the lumps getting bigger so it is not working.

They are going to do the same treatment now that they did last time. But the odds are very slim anything well work at all. The Doctor said there are a couple more they can try if this one don't work.

Daddy said she is doing ok with the news and keeping it together and not to call her. Worried Ill say something wrong and set her off. I have decided to stop calling her anyways a few weeks ago. She rarely calls me but she knows my number and if she wants to talk she can call. She and I have never talked much and when we did it was cause I called her. So guess that is the way it is to be even now.

I'm so sorry. That is so hard. I think you should call her, too. Does she live far from you? Sometimes it's easier to talk in person.

Hidr I'm so sorry. But isn't that a little miracle in itself that she called you on her own. I hope you two had a nice conversatio and I hope things are made easier for you and your family.

What a shame. :( It's hard to even know what to say really. I feel terribly for the situation not only your sister, but you, your parents, and the rest of those affected have to deal with. You guys will be in my prayers. :heart

• Supporter

the biggest of biggest cyber hugs to you hun..

don't let how you're feeling rob you of spending time with your sister. take it from someone who's knows, absence during these times can never be "made up for".

my thoughts and prayers are with you hidr

She only lives about a 20 minute drive but not fond of drop by company. We made plans to visit on Monday. She also wanted me to take her SS gift to her place of work on Monday too. So going to her place right after I get done with feeding the parrots Monday morning.

I'm so glad to hear she called you. Family dynamics are tricky...I wish the best for all of you.

mj