55 Gallon Tropical Tank

number20121

Finally photos of the new 55 gallon setup for the rescued tropicals. They are very happy with this tank. The only one being sulky is Sucky Fishie, my common pleco, who moved from the goldfish tank. She used to come out at daytime, but since she is in the tropical tank I have seen her only a couple times.

Alright, so this is the new tank setup. The afternoon sun shines right onto the planted area.

trop55001.jpg

The right side, that currently does not have a light fixture. Still relatively bright.

trop55002.jpg

Full shot

trop55003.jpg

trop55002.jpg

trop55004.jpg

trop55005.jpg

I forgot how colorful angelfish actually are until we got Laura. How could someone go to flush her... I'm so glad we too them all in!

trop55006.jpg

trop05520.jpg

trop55021.jpg

The plecos got some zucchini last night. This here is Spot, the rubber lip pleco.

trop55020.jpg

trop55022.jpg

And this is the sad rest that was left this morning

trop55023.jpg

Rocky, the male powder blue dwarf gourami. His mouth is deformed; it is crooked an he can't close it. Thus the name :D

trop55008.jpg

trop55007.jpg

Sky, his girlfriend

trop55009.jpg

trop55010.jpg

Mickey and Donald, the two male platies. Always together.

trop55012.jpg

trop55011.jpg

trop55013.jpg

Speedy the snail

trop55015.jpg

trop55014.jpg

Laura actually knows hand feeding

trop55016.jpg

trop55017.jpg

trop55018.jpg

top view

trop55019.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Looks like a happy home for them.

Are you sure your pleco is a common? How long have you had him seems kind of small for a common. My Common is about 7 inches long and been here for 1.7 years.

Oh, the one in the photo is the rubberlip! Forgot to mention that! Whoops!

My common is about 6 inches by now. She was really tiny when I got her. No photos of her in this thread though since "we are sulky".

And of course, thanks a lot! There will be a lot more plants in the future! And hopefully some photos of the common pleco too.

I know, originally I wanted this tank for my goldis, but the tropicals deserve it. They got evicted out of the 55g that my goldis have now, and were about to be flushed. They deserve to have a nice big tank again :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Ahh ok you know you can keep the rubberlip with the goldfish right? They are goldfish safe. lol I know what you mean about wanting anouther tank for goldfish. I would love the 75 to be for goldfish again and get a bunch of those veiltails. lol Oh well Oscar well be here anouther 10 - 15 years. But once he goes......

Yeah, but there is more room in the tropical tank. The goldfish tank is already overstocked, and so far the common and the rubber lip get along very well, so I'll just leave them all in the tropical tank :)

75g and veiltails sounds AWESOME! :D

Beautiful tank, Fang. Love the plants. Do you know what the reddish one is called? Wonder if that one would survive in a goldie tank...

Nice tank. Love the planted corner that still leaves them lots of room to swim.

mj

Beautiful tank, Fang. Love the plants. Do you know what the reddish one is called? Wonder if that one would survive in a goldie tank...

that reddish one is actually a fake plant! The only one in the tank, but I like the color accent. I think it is a ludwigia :)

Nice job Fang! ;)

Everyone looks to be enjoying themselves. I love the Gouramis, and Angels have always been a favorite of mine. :D

It was very kind of you to give them such a nice new home, though I must say I'm partial to the whole "another tank for goldies" thing as well... :P

Will the addiction ever end? :rolleyes:

Whoo hoo Tropicals :) I have to admit I loved your first tropical tank :) but this is a very nice upgrade :) Are you hand feeding your Angelfish?I would so love to be able to get my new guy to do that one day :) Congrats Again :) And thanks for sharing the pic's with us all :)

I must say I'm partial to the whole "another tank for goldies" thing as well... :P

Will the addiction ever end? :rolleyes:

Well, I was planning on putting the two single tails in the 55g by themselves and leave the other tank to the fancies. But it is alright like this, the poor tropicals deserve a decent size home too :)

Are you hand feeding your Angelfish?I would so love to be able to get my new guy to do that one day

Yes, she is not very shy at all! I love that :)

Oh I missed this thread! Well done Fang - it looks great! So roomy! Are you going to get any more fish - you made a thread about getting another fish in the tropical section - did you decide yet?

Laura is so cute and your gourami is beautiful!

Your tank is beautiful :) I like the way your plants are put :)

Yay! 100th post! XD

Edited by Dawn