Plants After Bleaching?

shellbell4ever

As most of you know i have lost a few of my goldies :( due to some unknown disease,it was suggested that possibly something was brought in on a plant,although the plant i thought was the culprit had already been disposed of i threw all my plants in some bleach 1/19 solution and moved them all into a qt tank hoping to salvage some of them due to how much $$ I had spent on them :( But now most of them look horrible :( Is there anything i can do to save them???I'm currently doing 50% w/c every other day...here's a pic...

ctmpphpnMWl4o.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Yes sometimes they look like that after a bleaching :( Some plants are just sensitive and some will even disintegrate during a bleach bath :o. My anubias tips turned brown but they have recovered. It just takes some time, but it looks like you're taking excellent care of 'em. ;) I think they look very pretty! What plants are they?

I don't know what the tall grassey ones are?some Java fern,Amazon sword, Argentinean sword,Ruffled sword,and a couple of moss balls :( I hope I don't lose them all :( I'm still hurting over all the fish loss :( I guess I will just keep up on the w/c's and lighting and see if they re coop at all :)

I never had luck with the swords.

But I do bleach my plants (only anubias and ferns) in a 9/1 solution and they were never harmed (for 20-30secs)

you can try feeding them or putting in some CO2?

When I tried the bleach my plants ended up looking like that too. I made the mistake of putting them in with my comets and within 4 days they ate them all, which they wont do when the plants are healthy... Haven't tried it again after that...

I really do think you can only bleach the sturdy plants like the anubias.

I had tried various other plants in the beginning and it really messed all of them up.