New Tank

redfish

32 gallon tank (31"w X 14"d x 18"h). 2 AC50. Not adding the UV sterilizer yet, until I'm sure the cycle holds.

Counted buckets while filling..tank hold 29 gallons, better than the 25 which only held 22 gallons)

Pics are dark, it is 7am...we turn on few lights in the early morning, or the parrot starts crying to be uncovered and DD is still sleeping . LOL

newtank002.jpg

newtank001.jpg

Edited by Red

The next size up available at our pet store was a 46 gallon, or there was a 36 gallon bow front. I didn't care for the bow front, and the 46 ends up being much too big for our space. So went with this one. Not to mention it was on SALE! Whoohoo! And by adding a board to the top of existing stand it fits, so din't need to replace stand. :)

Selling the 25g.

I LOVE that ornament! Please send me one pronto :) Boog looks like he's enjoying it but I'm sorry you lost Elliot II :(

Thanks! I love that ornament too. Went back to the store hoping to get another, but they were all gone.

Love the ornament! I'm keeping an eye out for something like that for my tank.

Thanks everyone :) I wish it was tank"s" but it's just one. I found that ornament at Winners...not sure if they exist outside of Canada. But any fine gift shop that carries blown glass would be a good place to look. There are beautiful blown glass works!

One thing, the ornament had a glass base glued to it, that glue came away in the water last week(it was a thin slice of silicone), hopefully it didn't contribute to Elliot's death. Boog is fine so far. Anyway the ornament still stands without it. But next piece I will look for no glued parts, just one solid piece.

• 1 month later...

Wow that looks great!

Check on the glass ornament from time to time, I found that the glass orb in my tank started to crack from the pressure of the water, and some chips came off it randomly...unless it's just the structure of the orb, your one may be different due to the shape.