Good News

redfish

The good news is, we got a new tank. Only 32 gallon, but still bigger than 25. For two goldfish it should be good.

The bad news is Elliot the 2nd didn't make the transition. :( He & Boog spent about 7 hours in the 5g tank with airstone, while we tore down the 25, and set up the new tank. Boog was fine in the 5g, but Elliot bottom sat the whole time. :( I moved the old AC 50 onto the new tank, and added the new AC 50 that came with the tank (adding media from the AC 30) filled the new tank with fresh water and about 10 gallons from old tank.

Moved the fish in. Boog was fine & curious. Elliot seemed panicked. Bottom sat and heavy gill and mouth movements. In an hour he was gone. :(

I'm heart broken. And Boog is once again alone. :(

I'll post pics of the new set up in "Non planted tanks"

I know, poor Boog, one day he'll have a friend, I'll keep trying. :( And poor Elliot, I'm shocked and so sad, he was so pretty and lively. I'm happy about the new tank, but it's bittersweet...he was fine in the 25 as far as I could see!

How terrible!!

But a question, why did it take you 7 hours? oO

Poor Elliot. I loved how he looked :(

Had to empty old tank(by bucket), needed it totally empty... move it(by myself, it's heavy, even empty, I'm not very big! LOL), left media in a few inches of water in tank to keep for new tank; hubby picked up new tank on his way home, then clean(rinse) new tank and new filter, and media, fit tank with bottom frame, assemble lights in hood (tank is brand new). Secure a board to top of stand to fit new tank(had to trim the board a bit), cut foam padding to fit. Fill tank, by bucket(add climbing a step ladder each bucket, this tank is taller..I'm short enough that 2 inches(three with board and pad added)makes a difference). Let tank run with old & new filters for an hour before adding fish. Amongst all this, I had to cook supper, help with homework, etc. :)

Edited by Red

Great news on the new tanks, but Im so sorry to hear of your loss :(

Poor little Elliot the 2nd... may he rest in peace :(

I cant believe how quickly he went though - perhaps he had some underlying issue? Was he already unwell beforehand? :(

Great news on the new tanks, but Im so sorry to hear of your loss :(

Poor little Elliot the 2nd... may he rest in peace :(

I cant believe how quickly he went though - perhaps he had some underlying issue? Was he already unwell beforehand? :(

I think he was well..we only had him 2 (maybe 3) weeks. He had one spot of damaged scales, but that looked like it was healing fine. So no idea. Hard to tell by looks I guess. Quality goldfish are just really hard to get here. And I can't afford online ordering/shipping. There's a Canadian site (Fish Sempai) I looked shipping is $100+ and not to the door, just to the airport to be picked up.

Oh thats sooo sad! Poor Elliot! :(

It took me ages to set up my upgraded tank too! :rolleyes: For the life of me, I couldn't work out the filter! (2nd hand no instructions!) :doh11:

Poor Hercules sat in a bucket for ages! Not to mention how big and heavy the tank was! I took anual leave from work to clean it and sort it all out, but my fella was at work so I had to try lifting it by myself which I just couldn't manage! I couldn't wait for him to walk through the door.

:Congrats: on the new tank! Can't wait to see pics ;)

Aww. RIP Elliot. I'm very sorry for your loss. Maybe you shouldn't name them Elliot anymore? Just a thought since I remembered you also lost the first one.

If I was a millionaire (hopefully I'll be one in a couple of years), I'd send you the finest goldfish!

Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope Boog gets a new friend soon.

RIP Elliot.

mj

I was at the pet store today picking up some Cycle and they have a huge shipment of orandas in (red & white). So cute. I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see how they look and if they are doing well, I may get one. I may not post it until AFTER QT. LOL

• Supporter
:Congrats: on the new tank. It's always so exciting to get everything set-up but it also takes forever!!!!! I'm also very sorry to hear about poor Elliot :( May he rest in peace. I hope you find a great forever friend for Boog!