What Is Wrong With My Betta Fish?

us4298

I noticed about 2 weeks ago, that after a feeding, my Betta fish would have a bloated stomach,no matter how little amount of flakes that I give him and after a few hours it would apprently go away. From that day on,I would fast him 2 days out of a week, but the problem still seems to come back. Any help or geuss on what might be wrong?

I can definitely see what you mean in the last 2 pics. Sorry I can't be much help, I don't have much experience with bettas. Not sure if peas are good for them after a fast? Hidr's very experienced with bettas, maybe you could PM her if no one experienced pops by :)

Well I would feed him less then a pinch every feeding time, but I think the shrimp pellets might be the issue. I would sink 2 pellets down for my shrimp, maybe that might be the problem. What do you guys think?

No, unfortunately, I dont have any of those pellets, but I heard that they can benefit Bettas in many ways. His stomach is back to normal again, Should I feed him a pea to make sure anything undigested will come out?

I would avoid the flakes if possible... and get the hikari pellets if you can i give my Betta's 2-3 every morning as well as bloodworms as a treat :) Also fast 1 day a week followed by shelled peas :) That should help :) He is a very Handsome Betta :)

That's fine for them and in addition to what shell said add the freeze dried bloodworms as a treat. The pellets are a great staple diet. You can also feed them frozen blood worms and shrimp and things like that. :D Good luck!

Edited by Haruka

I woke up and checked on my tank and found that me Betta fish is seriously bloated. I know this must be the result of it munching off the 2 shrimp pellets I dropped into the tank for the shrimp last night when I thought the betta was sleeping!!! Im scared of them starving but Should I stop feeding my shrimp?

How often do you feed your shrimp? What kind of shrimp are they and how many do you have? I keep shrimp in my goldies tank and I have never specifically fed them. They usually scavenge around for some left over food or even just feed off the algae in the tank.

Hey Guys, So for the past week, I've only fed my Betta Hikari pelelts and today was the 1st day in 5 days that I feed my shrimp. I thoguht since I got 3 new amanos yesterday that they might be hungry. So far, my Betta is fine.