We Are Back! - New Camera

number20121

Alright! We finally have a new photo camera! YAY! I still gotta figure out the different settings, but even without that I got to take lots of good photos of my girls club today!

As you can see I added two shallow bowls with white and blue glass gems. It looks so pretty and matches the winter theme.

Unfortunately I am getting brown algae since the common pleco moved out. I wonder if she ate the brown algae off together with the green algae before oO Never had brown algae in this tank before, I need to clean this out soon.

Anyway, here we go:

Full shot of the tank

121310-007.jpg

Blacky Fishie being elegant

121310-001.jpg

Chibi was quite un-cooperative today

121310-013.jpg

Same with Spicey (LOL BANANA!)

121310-014.jpg

Spicey and Blacky Fishie

121310-015.jpg

Only in photos her belly reflects orange, but not in person

121310-012.jpg

Vanille likes posing like in my signature

121310-005.jpg

This one shows how deep her body is getting

121310-006.jpg

Chibi doing her GIMMEFOOD-dance

121310-004.jpg

Banana losing her black, but only on the body. The fins still are the same

121310-003.jpg

"Size doesn't matter" aka Hugo's 9 inches of awesome

121310-009.jpg

And her other side

121310-010.jpg

I love the surface and Hugo's reflection. Since the Saki Hikari her orange became so much deeper, almost red, although in this photo it is a bit more intensive than in person.

121310-011.jpg

Even the spots on her belly turned from yellow to orange :3

121310-008.jpg

Blacky Fishie likes the new "ornaments"

121310-002.jpg

Faces :D

121310-016.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I LOVE the winter decor and those bowls of stones! Looks really nice!

Oh! Great fish, too!

Hooray for the new camera!! Everyone looks wonderful as usual!!

I am still LOVING that winter theme - its just so pretty! I think you should keep it like this forever!! :D

Edited by Migaloo

Hooray for the new camera!! Everyone looks wonderful as usual!!

I am still LOVING that winter theme - its just so pretty! I think you should keep it like this forever!! :D

LOL That way in summer I can pretend it is not that hot at all :D

Your fish look so perfect! :Congrats: I get brown algae like that in one of my gf tanks that's near a sliding glass door. It gets a lot of indirect light so maybe that makes it worse. But none of my other tanks have any algae at all! Anyway, I really like your winter look also--the blue/white goes great with goldie colors. :)

Great photos!! And of course Hugo looks wonderful as always! :D

Thanks! Yes, it seems like my big girl is everyone's favorite, even though she's a single tail. :D

Your fish look so perfect! :Congrats: I get brown algae like that in one of my gf tanks that's near a sliding glass door. It gets a lot of indirect light so maybe that makes it worse. But none of my other tanks have any algae at all! Anyway, I really like your winter look also--the blue/white goes great with goldie colors. :)

Right! I love that too! I saw that Michaels has a lot of different colors of these gems, I saw some purple ones and just LOVED them. Maybe in spring I will switch to a different color theme, yellow and green or purple and pink or something like that.

It is the same with this tank, it doesn't get actual SUN light but strong daylight. The first pic of the full tank, right behind where I stood when taking the photo is a BIG window. So there is lots of natural light in addition to the tank lights. But I know the tank lights are probably not sufficient, they are only 30w for 55g.