What Kind Of Goldfish?

nicoleauryn

http://picasaweb.google.com/nicole.auryn/WhiteFish#5550338254727066770

My Fishie! Ello I am new to the forums! This little guy came from my friends aquarium. A woman came in with this fish and another fish (which looked to be a short tailed ryukin). She said she had a pond and wanted to get rid of the two (we don't know why). So, that said, I bought one of them and *think* it is a Ryukin but wonder would it be a hybrid? Thoughts?

Its a little hard to tell from that photo... but ther's something about it makes me think it could be a young oranda... It doesnt look very ryukin to me at all...

Very cute little fish in any case :wub:

Edited by Migaloo

Some orandas don't develop a very large wen. I agree, it looks like an oranda that just has a smaller wen than most :)

huh.. no kiddin. I did not even think that it could possible be an oranda.

Googled "oranda without wen" yeppp.... body type very similar. Thanks everyone! Looks like I have a oranda!

My Mongo's wen is small too. But I agree looks like a very pretty oranda. Maybe the wen it a late bloomer and after it has been in your care a while it well start to grow more.