New To Koko - And Help! Sick Fish!

nicoleauryn

Hello all! Excited to be part of the forums. Engelvee referred me.

Also, I have a problem. I am pretty knowledgeable with goldfish, but recently with my Holiday buzz and business, I noticed that my beautiful pearlscale was ill, and I tried to save her but it was too late :( Pretty sure it was a bladder infection of some sort (floating) and I also realized I had a ammonia spike. I did one 60% water change and another 35% water change in the same day. I also cleaned and replaced the carbon in my canister filter.

My 2nd fish was lively and fine, and then about, a week after the pearlscale died, my (what we think is a Ryukin or a accident Ryukin/Ranchu hybrid) was floating a bit - nose to the air - and when he swims he seems to have difficulty staying underwater. He is a pure white fish with a more pinky tone rather than yellow, and today I noticed he had reddness around his mouth. It isn't streaky nor does it look like a fungus since it seems to be more under the skin.

I am taking him out of the take today and putting him in a medicated tank - but if anyone knows what this is please, any info is helpful. I'd like to save him and never saw this reddness before.

Thank you

Nicole Auryn

• Admin

:welcome

i would highly suggest posting about your fish in the disease forum, there is a white box at the top if you could fill in the answers. this way we can help you and your fish better. :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/forum/33-disease-diagnosis-treatments/

:welcome

i would highly suggest posting about your fish in the disease forum, there is a white box at the top if you could fill in the answers. this way we can help you and your fish better. :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/forum/33-disease-diagnosis-treatments/

OH! Ok thank you!!!! I am new so I am learning my way around this site.

This thread is being moved to the disease forum, please post your replied there.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome and best of luck!