As If I Wasn't Going To Get Him!

My friend came over to bring me the tank today and this big guy hitched a ride! I got a great discount on him and he fits perfectly in the collection of fish for the 200Gal!

Like my other 'manly men' he is showing CRAZY breeding stars and he is checking out Grace (who is in the tub next to him)!!! He will be called either Marlon Brando or Fred Astaire (depends on his personality!)

I thought greatly if I should get him or not, but then my friend told me he is always so happy to sell these fish to me because they are kept so wonderfully (he was all amazed how spotless all my tanks were :) ) And that all his fish look healthy and happy in my hands. So that was a HUGE relief as I am always a little tense that something might go wrong with these guys.

So, just a few pics, I am also uploading a quick video. His coloring is just as intense as I remembered it! :heart

DSCN3619.jpg

DSCN3620.jpg

:heart :heart :heart

Beautiful coloring! Now if only he was a long tail ryukin! Naw, I'm just teasing :pp He's perfect the way he is :)

He looks so spunky and happy! Is he smaller than the others? The photos make it seem that way a little.

THANX EVERYONE!

He has exactly the same spunkiness as McQueen! I love how these guys swim! They are always so excited!

@ Sakura. hehehe! Regarding the size he is 17cm - so slightly smaller than the other 'broad tails' (those are 20+), but he is the same size as McQueen. These guys also have a different body shape, they are less ROUND in the tummy area. Once they are in the big tank you will be able to see the differences clearly :)

Oh gosh - he is just gorgeous!! I am so so jealous! His colouring is very striking!

:Congrats:

Thanks Captain Findus! :madrant I really NEED a calico ryukin and I cant find one anywhere - now you have made me even more frustrated by showing this beautiful fish!!!! :tantrum

Oh and btw... I like Marlon Brando ... or what about "Marlin (as in the fish) Brando" :P

Edited by Migaloo

Thanx everyone! I am so happy with him! He is JUST like I remembered him :heart He is already quite friendly - it still usually takes these guys a few weeks to realize that food doesn't 'fall from the sky' and then they start hand feeding and begging :)

I don't know about the name yet. He is very FAST and very delicate. So I might have to call him Fred Astaire. I have to find a name that fits with my 'old Hollywood' theme :)

Joking aside, he keeps checking Grace out! :rofl

@ Migaloo - SHHHHH what are you saying with that darling white ranchu of yours!!!!!! I am DYING to get a white ranchu! My friend is looking into them. For now he only imports 10-15 ryukins and Orandas every few months. Apparently many of his Koi clients are setting up special tanks for the goldfish because they have fallen under the charm! :angelstaf: I actually really would love a white ryukin.

@ Migaloo - SHHHHH what are you saying with that darling white ranchu of yours!!!!!! I am DYING to get a white ranchu! My friend is looking into them. For now he only imports 10-15 ryukins and Orandas every few months. Apparently many of his Koi clients are setting up special tanks for the goldfish because they have fallen under the charm! :angelstaf: I actually really would love a white ryukin.

Im sure you will find your white Ranchu or Ryukin :) .... you always fine such great fish and its great you have your fish friend on the mission!! I on the other hand will just keep trawling the LFSs and one day I might get lucky :angelstaf: