The Giant Has Set Foot In My Apart!

It took the poor guys 8hrs in a truck, 1hr at customs and 3 hrs to install everything - but HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (they did get a nice cake and coffee once they were done :) )

I am beyond ecstatic with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It fits perfectly on the wall dividing my dining area/kitchen to my living room.

I will be cleaning it well tomorrow and filling it!

The filter is a huge pond filter with UV unit attached - it is big enough to filter a 7000liter pond! I have valves in the cabinet to regulate the flow. Holes were made on each side so that the intake and outtake are relatively 'invisible'. It is the first time I won't be working with spray bars tho, so I have various air pumps to try out which I like best.

I think I found a cool background - sort of silver with black waves - but it might be slightly too busy for the fish to really pop out - we shall see.

Rambling done!

Enjoy!

DSCN3614.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

DSCN3616.jpg

DSCN3617.jpg

DSCN3618.jpg

:heart :heart :heart

Wow!! I'm impressed. It's so big. I'm sure you'll have a great time filling and decorating it.

Thanx guys! I LOVE IT! Tomorrow I will be cleaning it with care!

ShellBell I will be needing all you guy's help with the background. I am going to pick up some options tomorrow and you will see them :D It is GREAT timing to set up a new tank with all the wrapping paper out there!

Shazam! Now that's a beautiful sight!

I've been away, and what a happy occasion to come back to!!!

Congratulations Federica! I can't wait to see you put your personal touches on this beauty!

I just did the test filling!!!

The darn pond pump is leaking so I have to silicone a piece shut! :doh11: :doh11: :doh11: GREAT thing we were in 4 people!!! Each with our eyes pealed for leaks!!!!!

I will probably be putting the same background as in the 85Gal. I really don't like any of the others :(

ok there is only one little bit of sdvisce that I can pass on to you then. you most likely know it but....

remember that the fittings clear hose connectons which screw on tho the pipe are plastic and should only be tightend by hand( no wrenchs) and that they have that silicone rubber gasket which gets a light coat of clear silicone grease. too much srew pressure and they will crack and it is nearly impossible to repair that kind of plastic.

Here is another pic of the filling test! No more leaks! I had to PVC a pump thing shut - now all is good! Going to empty and refill, put the filter media in and start running it! YEY!

Pics of the background coming soon too!

DSCN3629.jpg

Hi Federica.

Congratz on you new Akvastabil tank :)

It look awesome!

Did you get the holes in the bottom costumized?

It's a great idea, hiding unsightly hoses and stuff.

To avoid to many airstones, you could get a small powerhead

to make waves i the watersurface.

Like the Hydor Coralia Nano.

Im looking forward to more pictures :)

Best Regards

Guldklumpen