New Tank!

mjbubbles

I'm so excited! I bought a nice 26 gallon long tank and stand off of Craigslist last night.

The tank is in my garage being tested for leaks - so far so good. The stand is in place in the living room waiting to be attached to the wall.

The set up came with a light and a Whisper 20 filter. I think the filter is not quite powerful enough for goldies, but I'll use it to cycle the tank and be on the lookout for a bigger filter. I think I need a "30" is that right?

I'm planning to cycle the tank, then add Fluffy and one more goldfish. I may also put a BN pleco in there since they are so cute. I'll be looking for decorating ideas from all the great tank pictures on here in the next few weeks.

Any suggestions for how to attach the stand to the wall?

What to you guys do about earthquake safety with the tank, since it can't be attached to the wall?

Thanks for all your help and encouragement. I'm so glad I found Koko's when I did.

xo

mj :mytank1:

Oh! and pictures will be coming. I need to figure out how to get my pics from my cell phone to photobucket...I'm working on it!

Two goldfish is pushing it. I would add the one goldfish and the BN you are planning.

If you must have two goldfish then don't get anything, else go barebottom and no stuff in the tank. (unless it is live plants) So that you are more likely to hold at least 20 gallons maybe a little more.

Get a filter that does 300 gph and stay on top of the weekly large water changes.

Good luck Can't wait to see pictures after it is all set up.

Thanks! I really want another goldfish - especially when I see the lovely pictures on here...but I know I'm pushing it. I will probably do as you say and only add the BN pleco...they are so cute.

I will certainly post pictures once all this is up and running.

Take care!

mj

• Admin

When i lived in Santa Barbara I never attached the stand to the wall, i just made sure it was stable. Its hard to move a 30 gal tank, i had a tall version and even in a 3.5 quake it never really moved... :)

Thanks, Koko. The stand and tank seem a bit top heavy, and I don't want it to topple over!

mj