Introducing A New Fish

enesta

Many of you may remember that I took my girlfriend's brother's black moor off their hands and it was in very very bad shape. It's been in quarantine for a month as of this Wednesday. Went through Prazi and salt treatments. I had hoped to have a new tank ready and introduce all 3 to it.. thought that'd help them get along better (and it'd be nice to have something bigger).. I'm going to have to keep all 3 of my goldies in a 29 gallon for now.

Would it be a bad idea to put a third filter that was being used in the quarantine tank in this one? It's already got an aquaclear 50 and a tetra whisiper for 300 gph, the third one would be a penquin biowheel 100 gph. They'd all line up at the back of the tank.

Also, how would you go about introducing a new fish.. would it be a good idea to take the two that are in there out, rearrange the decor, then put all 3 in at once so it feels like a new tank?

Goldfish don't tend to be territorial, so removing them and rearranging the decorations isn't necessary, but it can't hurt.

Edited by Calluna

The fish usuually don't care. Introduce him at night. My fish immediately took a liking to the new moor. As long as your stocking levels are proper you shouldn't have a problem. I wouldn't put the filter from the quarantine tank on there. It could have bugs and nasties.

I also like to add newbys at night with the lights out :) And I think the whisper with 300gph would be enough for your 30 gallon :) that way you still have a filter for qt if you need it, I hope they all are happy together and I can't wait to see your new bigger tank :) and siggy to go with it ;)

Edited by shellbell4ever