Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

White Spots On Luna

Here's hoping your fish cooperate while you are recuperating :)

As for the needle thing, I was absolutely terrified of needles until I had my first son and I had to have blood drawn like 500 times. Make sure that you drink lots of water before hand if you are allowed so you are hydrated because it makes your veins easier to poke.

But not too much-or you'll have to pee in the middle of itdoh11.gif

I'm not allowed to drink any water or eat any food for 6 hours before the surgery. :( It's because they're actually putting me under. It will be really hard for me, because I'm used to eating a big breakfast right when I wake up. I also am a huge water drinker, and my mouth gets dry really easily if I'm not drinking a lot of water. I'll just have to drink a lot the day before and hope that keeps me hydrated!

Edited by Sakura

Ooh that stinks. Well I hope that it goes smoothly for you. At least you get to sleep for yours. I was awake for mine but they were only doing one side at a time.

Thanks! I know, I would not be able to do it if they weren't putting me under. But at the same time, the thought of going under is scary. I'm sure after it's all done though, I'll be relieved that's it's all over!

Guest larsonsar

I know you are having surgery, and wanted to wish you speedy recovery. Hopefully you will see this post when you get back online. I have not had the best luck with Epsom in the water, but I've had really good luck giving one grain of Epsom hidden in a Pea, or dissolve it and syringe it down the hatch with a tiny bit of water. When I've had one that is constipated, bloaty, bottom sitting or beginning dropsy, this has helped more than anything to relieve some of the fluid build up. I've done it once a day for a couple of days along with Baytril.

Good luck with your teeth (or absence thereof !) AND your wonderful fish !!

Oh thanks! I have tried the epsom in a pea thing before, but it never occurred to me to dissolve some in a syringe with water. I might try either that or the pea thing tonight, because she's still holding water after 24 hours in the epsom water.

Hey Sakura, I was wondering how your fish are and if they are well. I hope so and hope you got to the bottom of it all

Hey Auryn, I haven't seen you around here in a while! Things are much much better now. After trying over a month with the salt and heat treatment, the white spots were still there, so I finally took the salt out and tried Coppersafe. The Coppersafe took care of the issue within just a few days! I now have only four fish (Chiba, Maho, Loki, and Grindle) in the 75 gallon tank. Serafina is still alive, but she is in QT right now in really bad shape. I'm doing my best for her, and I'm not willing to give up anytime soon, but I don't know if she'll make it. :( Luna is the one that died a while ago, unfortunately I don't have her anymore. That still bums me out.

Maho started bottom-sitting a week or so back, which worried me. But now the males have been chasing her around like crazy, and they spawned once already, so now I know she's just sitting because she's full of eggs! Female goldfish tend to sit for a while when they're eggy. I'm hoping they spawn again soon, because I'm going to try raising some fry!

So things are going much better here. Also the fishless cycle in my 55 gallon tank is almost complete, so I'll be getting my new fish I've been waiting forever for in a week or two!

So nice of you to check in :)