Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

White Spots On Luna

Me toooo, I'm hoping against hope here! It's been so nice seeing them act a little bit better, and I really hope it's only the beginning of their total recovery. It would be so amazing if the remaining five survived this!

Guest larsonsar

Neosporin does have Neomycin in it, along with two other gram positive/negative antibiotics. But it also has an analgesic in it for pain and discomfort and so I question using it. I'd make a quick stop at the drug store and buy a tube of Neomycin to be sure. Lay out everything you need, put on a glove, wet your hand and take the fish out of a bucket. You need to work fast, but I've never had to anesthetize to do it. Quickly pat the wound dry and then smear the Neomycin on and around the problem area. Some of it will float off immediately, but a thin layer will adhere. I've had really great luck with fins and ulcers using Neomycin. Good luck. Glad your babies are looking a little better.

So Good to hear they're acting a bit more like themselves :) maybe a great start to the new year :)

I have never used neosporin, but I have heard that you can. I hope everyone continues to improve.

Here's a video update of how the fish look today. Generally they are still acting better. All the males are up off the bottom and swimming around pretty much all of the time now, but the two females are still sitting. Serafina has always been a sitter though, so it's just Maho who is still acting abnormal I suppose. I don't know how well you can tell from the video, but Maho and Serafina have a lot of black marks all over their fins and a little bit on their bodies. Grindle is getting some now as well. They are NOT ammonia burn, but I think it's a similar type of response as the response to healing from ammonia burn. I think it's melanophore migration as some sort of healing response. Not entirely sure. You can also see a lot of their fins are still pretty red and torn, but this is no longer getting worse. I think they might be getting better finally, and I hope this continues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxm5JoQ4rnk

Edited by Sakura

I am happy they seam better :)

they still have the white spots tho :(

Penelope got the black marks when she was sick - I think with her it was a reaction to the meds.

There are only one or two white spots left on Chiba- on his dorsal fin. And Loki has two white smear/spots on his nose. But that's it. Are you talking about the things on Chiba's back that look like white spots? Those aren't actually white spots, they are just reflections from his scales. You know those "Cyrstal" finish fish Ken sometimes has in his auctions? I think Chiba's scales have a little bit of that type of finish to them, so they always reflect light in a funky way. It makes him more pretty :)

Its so good to see them up and about. I hope they continue to get better.

Fingers are all crossed for you!

My Scooter and Sophie had black marks, and I did not think it was ammonia burn. Trinket said some medication could cause black marks, I believe. Perhaps in this case to the Baytril?>

Glad to hear they are feeling better! Fins and fingers crossed here.

Things are at a bit of a stand-still. The boys have been up and swimming around for the most part, although Chiba did bottom-sit off and on yesterday. He still has normally two white blotchy spotty things on his dorsal that come and go. None of the other fish have them, and they don't appear to be spreading anymore so... :idont

But today I noticed Chiba was swimming very intently against the current of a filter. Normally he avoids swimming into the current, but he was swimming against it very intensely for a long time off and on today. I had a fish who did this once before, and he ended up dying. I know some people have said they observed this in their fish before and they think it's normal, but for him this is a change, so I'm keeping an eye on it.

I had to move Maho to a 10g QT tank today. Last week she was swimming around, but the past few days she has been stuck on the bottom like there are rocks in her belly. She began listing to the side as she sat, so I checked her out carefully. No scales are raised, but she seems to be retaining a lot of fluid in her belly, so I moved her to QT with epsom. It has never done anything for me before, but I'm hoping this time it will relieve the fluid retention. It's all I can really do. If I notice white spots appearing on her though, she'll have to go back in the main tank with the regular salt.

Everyone is still getting the baytril food. I noticed Grindle still has noticeably prickly scales behind his gills. It had gone away, but it seems to be coming back every so slightly. All I can really do is keep an eye on things and keep doing water changes. Don't expect too many updates after Monday, because I'm going in for wisdom tooth surgery on Tuesday morning :( My fish better remain stable and not stress me out too much during my recovery :ill

I hope the fish will behave for you. It's no fun having wisdom tooth surgery. I hope everything goes well for you. :hug

I hope things improve too. Try not to worry about the tooth surgery :heart It hurts for a little while but after it's so much better because you don't have that pain anymore.

Yes,and the upside of wisdom tooth surgery is pain medication AND ICE CREAMicecream.gif-lots of ityeah.gifTry not to worry-it will be behind you soonk055.gifheartpump.gif

my boyfriend had absolutely no pain when he got them taken out. I got mine taken out years ago - totally forgot if I had pain hehe

Aw thanks guys :) I think I'm mostly afraid of the IV. I'm afraid of needles. They are giving me gas before the IV though to calm me down, so I'm hoping that will make me loopy enough to not care about the IV!

They could stick needles IN MY EYES,given enough nitrous! I love that stuff,and am forever saying 'TURN IT UP'!wacko.gifhehehmn.gifMy endodontist is always amazedThud.gifReally,IF they give you enough,you'll just pass outrest.gifk045.gif

I had no pain when I got my teeth taken out, and they gave me nice happy pills after too (btw I HATE needles, hate hate hate! Look away and ask the nurse to tell you when he/she will stick you, when they say they are going, take a HUUUUUGE breath. I have noticed that really helps me)

Anyway back to the fish. I am up to date on the thread, and glad they are improving somewhat, and I hope the one who is swimming rapidly does recover. Thinking of you and your finned ones. :heart

Sakura you will love the gas :o Everything tickles!