20 Gallon Long

So as most of you know I had a devastating loss of some of my favorite goldfish,the 20 gallon long has been bleach bombed twice followed by vinegar and is going to dry out all weekend to be started a new Monday :) I'm going to have some time to let it cycle fishless :) but i'm thinking of going-tropical in this tank and I'm looking for some suggestions to consider????any one got any ideas they would like to share???

Hiya Shell! Yep yep! I have a peaceful community tank with Danios, Tetras, and Cory Cats. They're hanging right in there and all of mine are very hardy. I enjoy my tropicals too! Hope this helps. ;)

Here's a link to what some of us are keeping to give you an idea:

Koko's- Tropical Fish- What We Have

And this one was started by Migaloo when she started her tropical tank. There are some good links and alot of info in this one too, Shell,

Migaloo- Going Tropical

I am going to be setting up a 20gallon long as well. I already spoke with Hidr her opinion on low light plants, she is always great for help. I plan on doing a heavily planted tank with a bunch of Neon Tetras, Rummy nose Tetras and cherry shrimp.

Perfect size tank for a nice planted tank set up and if you do the soil/gravel you can add fish in a couple days. Yes they cycle that fast.

How about a nice group of neons. Or an all tiger bard tank would be so cool. You could keep 10 or so if you have lots of live plants.

Can't wait to see what you do. Be sure to keep us updated and post lots of pictures.

ohhh this sounds like fun :) I think I would love to have some shrimp that wouldn't end up as snacks ;) what else could I have with them???the soil/gravel thing kind of scares me though :( although I love love Hidr's planted tanks so much :) do I have to have substrate for tropicals???