Frozen Gelfood

number20121

Do you HAVE to defrost it before feeding, or can I put a cube in the tank while it is still frozen and have the fish "work" on it? Since I read that some people throw the whole frozen cube bloodworms in the tank, I think frozen should be alright.

I worry though if it is possible for the fish to break a big, half defrosted piece of and choke on it. :(

What do you think? I'm kind of almost against feeding it frozen.

I always defrost mine, just because I guess, I never really thought about it. But with fish there's no worry of pneumonia because they don't have lungs. I don't think it would hurt them to let them work at a frozen chunk. But it might dirty up the tank more since bits of it would be melting slowly into the tank water over time.

But it might dirty up the tank more since bits of it would be melting slowly into the tank water over time.

I was thinking about feeding it frozen because I thought it might be the other way around; with it slowly defrosting the fish would eat off it every bit that is defrosted before it all falls apart.

I just defrosted it and cut/ripped it into small pieces.