[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? 0

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? 5ish

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.6

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.4

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? liquid test kits

[*]Water temperature? 76

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 gallon a couple years

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)? rana xp3 for about 1.5 years.

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? weekly 30 to 80%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? Five two about 9 inches, two about 6 an one about 4 including tails.

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? 2-3 times a day. Sinking pellets omega one main diet.

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? no

[*]Any medications added to the tank? no

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? no

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? no

I am doing a 80% water change as I type this. Planning to salt the tank. You can see some white stuff on his wen but that has been going on for a while now so not worried about that. Pretty sure it is wen growth.

But as you can see there is a problem with his eye.

eye004.jpg

eye003.jpg

it's like red and inflamed? poor mongo :(

I think the salt will help fix that. you can even check if the filters aren't too gunky. besides that....

Ya just did a major cleaning on the filter a couple weeks ago.

I am pretty sure it well clear up with clean water and salt but wonder how it got that way in the first place so I can prevent it from happening again.

Wonder if you got pressed up against the filter intake tring to go around the fish bowl. think Ill take it out. Oh no or bumped up on one of the dang unicorns. Ok they are all coming out.

No dont see any swelling and the white that was on his wen is gone now. I am thinking injury. So removed the unicorns and the fish bowl. At least they have more swimming room now.

All I can do now is wait.

Oh and he is eating. And as always they are all very active after such a big water change.

Did ylu still have those plastic plants in there? It might have been the unicorns or the fish bowl so hopefully he just had a l'il accident. I agree salt and clean water will help. I hope he feels better soon.

I am keeping a close eye on him. So far it is no worse and no better but he is still eating and very active. So I am not overly worried at this time.

I swear,I ALWAYS end up taking everything out of my tanks!!! As soon as I add something-something starts to go wrongdoh11.gifI can get to looking at the fish and think how much happier they might be w/ some atmosphere-then some variable invariably varys(tongue.gif)It just is SOO much simpler this wayexactly.gif

That's what I'm thinking too Hidr...maybe Mongo just got a little too frisky around the unicorns? Your tanks are always so immaculate in the first place. I took everything out of my 55 gal telescope tank....I don't want any issues with their eyes.

See what happened was Mongo decided goldfish ladies weren't in his tastes, but when he saw that unicorn hoo boy! Love at first sight, and the unicorn didn't seem to have a thing for goldies. Lets all Mongo some happy notes so he knows that his love wasn't in vain.

I hope Mongo's eye is on the mend now Hidr. My blackmoor kept getting a cloudy eye like that and I couldn't figure it out until I saw him swim right up to the filter intake tube. Sure enough he keeps hitting the same eye on it. :doh11:

The red is almost all gone. Just a tiny bit on the bottom of the eye. Still has the cloudy strip on it. But good news is he is chasing Mystic with the others and making her spew eggs all over the place. So he is feeling good.

Thanks you all for being concerned.

Hmm goldfish unicorn love just don't work. Man I should known better then put them things in there.