What's Your Favorite Breed Of Goldfish?

blackteles

I believe this one hasn't been done in a long time so I thought it would be fun to fire one up.

What's your favorite breed of Goldfish? (Just one per person please...choose carefully)!

Mine- Telescope :)

Wow, with having seven different breeds of goldis, I better not mention a favorite breed, or I'm screwed :ignore

But seriously, for me it isn't even so much the breed itself. I think almost all goldfish breeds are beautiful in their way. I pick favorites in certain breeds. Like there can be an oranda that really catches my eye, and another oranda doesn't. It's like that with every breed.

Overall I love long fins, although for some breeds a short tail makes them much cuter, like Lionheads and Ranchus. Their short tails make them SO cute! Sure, eggfish look very beautiful, but not so cute.

I am not a big fan of humongous wens that cover the eyes and what not. I prefer smaller, nicely defined wens. Not that any of my wenned fish shows a wen like that though... LOL

It's just too hard to say. I love long finned ryukins! And telescopes are so adorable! Single tails are awesome, lionheads cute and orandas have so much personality. Well, all of them do. AGH! :gcar:

My very favorite is an Oranda. I still miss Big Boy & he's been gone for quite awhile.

BUT having said that I am R E A L L Y enjoying my lil' Black Moor. (Dennis was kind enough to remove my "Black Moor Curse".....I have NEVER been able to keep one alive!!!!!) This one seems to be doing okay....still each morning I go up to the tank & expect to find him stuck to the filter intake! :peeka If he manages to remain healthy he will probably become one of my favorites!!!!

Tho' Spot, the giant Common I keep in my big tank is very special to me!! Awww HECK they ALL are!!!

Edited by Jeana727

Side View ranchus

There's a shocker for ya. :rolleyes:

Just who would have thought that Tay'd say ranchus?

LMAO Fang shocker...I'm not the least bit surprised. This kid's gonna be President with our coaching LOL...

Side View ranchus

LMAO Fang shocker...I'm not the least bit surprised. This kid's gonna be President with our coaching LOL...

I was being sarcastic :yeah:

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Side View ranchus

As if I didn't know that? LOL

Side View ranchus

As if I didn't know that? LOL

:yikes: President?! Ya'll wouldn't want that to happen. I'd end up pushing the planet into a black hole or getting Yellowstone to erupt LOL

I don't have a favourite, there's too much flexibility even within types. I have a tank of orandas, but I don't specifically pick them over everything else, it's just coincidence the nicest fish I've seen are orandas, Red was amazing but I don't think most crowned pearlies are particularly in comparison. There isn't any type I've ever gone 'I must fill my tank with those'...