Giant Annubia Leaves Getting Pale/yellow

I had to cut off 2 of my leaves from my giant annubias today - one was rotting and the other was very pale/ yellowish. So far the others look healthy - but maybe less strong green coloring.

I don't think the plant is getting enough nutrients. Light they get for sure enough - I have 4x 40watt lights on the hood.

What liquid food can I put in the water without harming the goldies? Are the nutrient cocktails any good? I unfortunately don't know much about the different nutrients needed etc. I think the goldies (now only 5 relatively small ones in the 85Gal) are not making enough 'poops' to feed them properly - as I never have such issues in the turtle tanks - who are MAJOR poop machines.

any suggestions? I could also remove the plants and give them a few days of intense CO2 in a bucket?

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/Fish_Plant-Care_Fertilizers-Additives_Multi-Purpose-Plant-Food-Supplement_9165569_102.html?tc=fish

this. You can buy this online or at any Big Als location. great price, i bought one medim sized bottle for my 55 gallon. has lasted months, almost done it, but it works great, i need about 2.5-3 cap fulls to treat my 55 gallon. Doesnt promote algae, i treat my tank once a week, after every water change. and it doesnt have.. something which wont harm the fish, so it works great. its a multi purpose thing, you can always get this:

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/Fish_Plant-Care_Fertilizers-Additives_Flourish-Excel_8065537_102.html?tc=fish

works well apparently, havent owned it but i have heard good things. its a bit more precise, in the sense that it isnt multipurpose, supplement wise.They also have a phosphorous one which is good if you own red colored plants, they need more of that, plus strong lighting.

hope this helps :D sometimes plants have their "melting" periods, but anubias are pretty darn hardy, so its a bit odd to see this happening.

:) I as well have used Flourish Excell because of my inability to get a C02 system, and it worked just fine. I never had any problems with it in my trop. tanks, even with inverts; but I did read that it could be harmful to both fish and inverts if not used in accordance with the directions. I suppose that can be said about any additive though. :rolleyes:

:) I as well have used Flourish Excell because of my inability to get a C02 system, and it worked just fine. I never had any problems with it in my trop. tanks, even with inverts; but I did read that it could be harmful to both fish and inverts if not used in accordance with the directions. I suppose that can be said about any additive though. :rolleyes:

ahh yes, dumb me, i should have pointed that out as well. with the inverts, and ODing the fish. you mainly use though according to gallons and the amount of plants. like if you have a 100 gallon tank but 2 plants. your not going to treat the tank with 100 gallon dose ratio or else your fish shall be harmed with the supplement.

great thing to point out Kateana!

and C02 would be very nice to have. but $$$ is quite an issue. D: and space at times, to hide such a set up.