Should I Get This Guy?

I saw this guy the last time I was in the store in Holland. Since my friend is coming over monday with my tank I am thinking if I should have him bring this guy over too. He has the most awesome coloring (even nicer in real) and I think he would be friends with my other short tailed ryukin McQueen. What do you guys think?

ryukin317cm.jpg

If you have enough room (and money) take him.

Yes we are enablers :yeah:

When I have spare room for goldfish I should definitely get one (or more) from them :angelstaf:

Edited by Quasi

Let me correct that for you :)

When I have a spare tank room for goldfish I should will definitely get one (or more) from them

There :-)

And that goldfish is gorgeous, so I completely agree with all the other comments ^_^.

I don't think you should. You're setting up another tank when you haven't had the stability of your other tanks being set up for any length of time at all. He's gorgeous but you need to draw the line somewhere and I think Christmas is a busy enough time of year anyway without adding in more QT tanks just because you theoretically can. Let your filters age and stabilise and give yourself a break from the constant new fish. Keep up the buying massive (or any) new fish all the time and you will have problems, and they won't be small and they won't be a quick fix with metromeds either.

He would be going with the other 4 in the 200Gal :)

And these guys are always so healthy! They are what keep me sane in this hobby! (cause the petstore fish are just disasters waiting to happen! :rofl )

Oh forgot about the 200g. I would wait. Get that big boy completely stable and make sure everyone makes the move with no problems in a few months start looking for new fish.

My word, he's HUGE! :blink:

Yes get him Federica!!! So long as you've got the room, the more the merrier, of course. :D

Goodness, I wish I had a store near me that carried goldies as large and lovely as yours.

:rofl :rofl :rofl I know Sakura! But you should really get a short tailed! They are SO different in swimming than the broad tailed ones! I am seriously loving McQueen! He is the most powerful swimmer I have. :heart With two tail strokes he can cross his tub. I think that I will have 8 fish in the 200Gal. 4 broad tailed and 4 short. :)

I saw this guy the last time I was in the store in Holland. What do you guys think?

I think it is always better to get themand keep them in groups 6-10 so you not only need get him but the rest of his brothers too!

I agree with Sarah, I would wait until all of your fish are all healthy for a bit and then look into getting one. I'm sure there'll be others like him. With all that's been happening I don't think it'd be a good idea.

I am torn here. I totally agree it is probably smart to wait. On the other hand, I know this store is a big trek for you and if you could have your friend bring him it would make it feasible. In that sense, I tend to think go for it. I love him!

I am checking with my boyfriend. I really have never had any problems whatsoever with these guys, so it makes things a little different. It is my older pet store fish who seem to come down with all the problems in the planet! :ignore

• Supporter

Oh this one's a toughie. I'm always a sucker for a gorgous fishy find, but at the same time, I agree with those saying it's a good idea to wait. Eek! I'm sure whatever decision you make, it will be what's right for you :)

Fede,it has taken my big tank 1 YEAR to get 'seasoned'! I was cycled before hand,big filtration-the whole bit-but,there just is a (long) period that it takes a tank to stabilize. Unfortunately,you can do everything right and have the best equipment-BUT time is something we cannot buy-time takes TIME! Just thought I'd let you know my experience w/ the big tanktestkit.gif It takes a while for the ecosystem to developexactly.gif