Little Fish In A Big... Tank!

flutterbudget

My little guys got to go in the new 75 gallon tank today! And Mr. Fish and Stanley finally got to meet Floyd too. Every one is getting along great and none of them had any idea the world could be this big!

100_3615.jpg

100_3616.jpg

100_3617.jpg

100_3618.jpg

I enjoyed the look of my river rocks in the 30 gallon, but I wanted to try out something a little less fiddly. Hubby really doesn't like the barebottom look at all, so we decided to try tile and see how we feel about it. So far I think it's a neat look. The plants are not going to stay where/how they are. I don't have my big light yet, so they are all just thrown in there under the short light with a lamp pointed at them to get by in the mean time.

I really like the tiled look. It looks like the fish are floating in a bathroom ;)

LOL! We are thinking with more plants and stuff it will end up looking less "bathroom" and more "sunken city". The tiles are tumbled natural stone and I think they could look pretty cool with a little green algae. Maybe some neat pottery. We'll see how it turns out. Its an interesting experiment if nothing else!

Love the tiles, too. I can just imagine the "sunken city" look once the algae starts growing.

What lucky fish to have all that space!

Thanks everyone! I think you could also get a neat zen look with the right tile. Or I was considering glass tiles, which I think would give a really cool modern or deco kind of look, but decided this would go better with our living room for now. It seems like it will be pretty simple as far as cleaning, I will keep you posted on how it goes!

The fish are loving the space!

The tiles are great! :Congrats: I can't stand doing barebottom tanks either, but I also don't want gravel. What a great idea to use tiles. There will still plenty of substrate for BB, and it's really a great look.

The tiles are a great idea! Really if you wanted to you could silicone them in place and the cracks. Otherwise, you still want to take them out to clean under them every so often. But I love the idea...I'm not crazy about barebottom either.

It looks so great! And your fish will grow huge in all that space!

The tiles are a great idea! Really if you wanted to you could silicone them in place and the cracks. Otherwise, you still want to take them out to clean under them every so often. But I love the idea...I'm not crazy about barebottom either.

It looks so great! And your fish will grow huge in all that space!

I didn't want to do anything permanent, because I like having the option to change the look from time to time. But I really don't think it'll be a big deal to pick them up a section at a time and clean underneath. And I can see the bottom of my tank from under the stand, so I'm going to keep and eye out for anything yucky going on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks amazing! I think the tile look is great what a wonderful idea they have so much room they'd be loving it! :)