Holy Waterchange!

Yeah, yeah, I know. I said I'd upload the video of the tropicals in their new tank.

BUT the phone rang at 6:30 am this morning, work. Instead of working 8am to 1pm they had me go to a different store because the pricing coordinator called out, and so I went there from 7am to 8pm. Yes, you read right. I was at work for a full 13 hours, so I really didn't have time to edit the videos together.

Instead a video of the goldis during the water change. With all the craziness going on of getting the new tank, setting it up, getting a Christmas tree and all that happy stuff I had to skip a full water change. I think it was 8 days since the last change, and usually I change every 3 to 4 days. Additionally the two small filters that were in the tank went into the tropical tank a few days ago, and the new additional EX70 doesn't have enough BB established yet, so when I tested the water before the change I knew I would see a disaster.

Interestingly only the nitrate went up a lot, ammonia and nitrite were lower than I expected. The params were 0.25/0.25/60, I did a 80% water change in the morning (where this video is from) and another 60% in the afternoon, that brought all params back to 0.

Anyway, here now the video. I love how the little fancies, especially Vanille in this video, follow Hugo around so much, especially during the refilling part. And Hugo loves swimming through the current and bubbles of the water splashing back into the tank LOL

EDIT: And yes, that IS a coffee maker on the end table :D

Oh and that is Kiki at the very end :3

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Hugo is like "What is this magical water producing machine? is it edible?"

:rofl What worries me is there's a bottle of vinegar next t othe coffee maker. What are you making potions?

That was so fun to watch! Hugo is a madman...BF is intelligent enough to stay out of the flow, but Banana cracked me up...I didn't think he was going to come out of it but he kept going back for more. Nice job Fang! :thumb:

Blacky Fishie actually did go into the stream one time. MY GOD I was so worried for a second, she got swirled around so much O.O

But she was fine.

And yes, even the little ones keep coming back for more, over and over and over. Hugo must be their idol LOL

Tay: I like my coffee sour!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nah, just cleaning supplies for the outside tank :)

But Dennis, I don't use milk but liquid vanilla-caramel creamer! Just imagine it with the vinegar! :Dont-Believe:

LOL Fang....your thread's still young but Tay and I will hold off with you until later to send it spiralling downwards.... ;)

That is too darn cute! :D I love Hugo, all up in the flowing water; and all the little ones following him around is really precious. :wub:

Thanks for sharing Fang!

SORRY! :D

Single tails ARE awesome too.

Thanks everyone! Maybe instead of getting one big tank for all the fish I should get a 75 for the single tails and set it up as river tank so Hugo has strong currents 24/7 :D

But then, who are the fancies gonna follow around then?

Hugo is definitely leader of your pack! So cute.

Do you have a pump on the re-fill hose, or are you just siphoning? There sure is a lot of pressure there.

Thanks for sharing!@

I would worry about chlorine if I filled so fast. I like to do it slower because I imagine that the chlorine has time to get treated before the fish contact it. Just my imagination. :angelstaf:

Hugo is fabulous!

Oh, gosh, if that wasn't the cutest thing!!!!

Hugo is so handsome! and clearly enjoying himself in the spray!!!

And it's great watching the smaller fish trail after him.

But I really LOVE Vanille - s/he (?) seems like a spunky little 'un.

And I love how your cat, Kiki?, inserts herself into the movie - too much attention being paid to the fish, huh.... ;)

Very cool video. It looked so wierd to see them swimming around in like only 2 inches of water in the beginning.

It was actually about 3 inches. They don't freak out over it, they are used to it as it happens at least once a week, sometimes twice if I decide that both weekly water changes have to be HUGE instead of big.

Texana: I put the full cap of prime in there before, and I always read here how it takes care of the chlorine on contact? If that's not the case, then I better fill it slower from now on! Then again, normally I fill it a bit slower, but Hugo seemed to have such a fun time with the stream that I turned it up a bit :)

That is the best video! I loved watching it!! You fish are too funny Fang... I love how they all take it in turns to have a go in the stream LOL

Im still loving your winter theme. Cute cat too :wub:

Hugo leads all the cute goldfishies in your tank, the gfs all look up to Hugo :D

The way Hugo swims through the bubbles and all the other fishies follow, like Hugo is leading a bubble parade! XD :rofl

The group is simply adorable! ;)