I got home from work about two hours ago to find that Cherry had died whilst I was at work today. :cry1 He had been sick for about a month but he was showing signs that he was recovering then he would get another massive lump and it went on like this, one would go then another one would show up. It was relentless, bless him.

For such a small fish, he had a huge personality! Always happy and doing his oh-so-special fishy dance just for me (or anyone who had food for him!)

He had such a beautiful disposition. I am missing him already. :cry

CIMG1309.jpg

:rip: Cherry my sweet fishy!

Edited by U.K. Becs

Thank you all so much for your wonderful support, what an amazing community we have here! Nobody else would understand! :heart:heart:heart

Sakura, I really don't know what it was, this morning on the underside of his tummy he was red looked like blood, his fins were clamped and also red, the lumps were a very strange colour like yellowish/brownish and when his biggest lump was re-absorbed he had spots of black where the lump had been. Perhaps dead scales? I don't know, I don't want to jump on the septicemia band waggon but I was wondering if it was that!

The worst thing was his behaviour, this morning he could hardly swim, he was in his vertical hanging position with a backwards tilt, and when I popped some food in for him he just ignored it! His condition seemed to get worse over night! :(

At least he is at peace now and that brings me some sort of comfort!

Oh Becs,I'm so sorry you lost Cherryheartpump.gifcry3.gifWasn't there something special about his name too? For some reason I'm thinking a lost relative of your bf,and a baseball game? OR have I COMPLETELY lost itdoh11.gif? God Bless little Cherryheartpump.gif

Oh! Thank you sooooo much for each and every one of your replies! :heart

Susan,you are right! Heres the story;

Before me and Steve were an item we were life long family friends, my parents and his parents were best friends so we have grown up together.

Steve lost his dad to Motor Neurone Disease four years ago, he was a life long Sheffield United fan (local football /soccer team). My dad, Steve, Terry (Steve's dad) and Steve's brother all had season tickets so off they trotted to every home game together. When Steve's dad passed away, we had a memorial brick engraved and it is situated at the ground, it faces Cherry Street, for years they used to sit on the south stand also on Cherry street, years ago Steve's dad used to have his silver finisher business round the corner from Cherry Street!

Cherry was our little constant reminder, and he was red and white (the team colours)!!! :D

He was a very special fishy! :heart

I'm so sorry you lost Cherry, Becs. :cry1 It's hard to lose any fish but doubly so when it is a special one for us.

:rip: Sweet beautiful Cherry.