Newly Aquired Crustaceans! Help?

Deku

So I bought this smithosonian kit. It comes with a small half a gallon tank(Iam going to use a 2.5g I had stored). I bought triops. The kit comes with the tank, small bag of white sand. It also comes with triops pellet food. And a bag of triops eggs. . .

It doesnt have detritus or so I think. It might be mixed with the eggs... The guide tells me to pour in half of the eggs to the tank. Like half of the packet. It comes with a scoop seperator thingy... And a lame castle which Iam not even going to incorporate. Since I dont have enough sand from this bag to cover the whole 2g. Iam going to use some of the sand from my turtle tank, which is ussually pretty cleans anyways. lol It says to use distilled water. all I have is I THINK 2 water bottles. And I know I have tap water(obviously-lol), and a tap water declorinator. I dont know if I need the detritus or even how to get it. :// the food packet doesnt come with much food. Just a couple of pinches. Any help? It says to raise under bright light. I have that as well. I just bought the thing right now. Ihavent set it up yet. So iam wondering what and how do I make detritus.

Ps. I have an air rope thing. Its black and it just puts oxygen in the water through bubbles. which I have a pump for it.My question is.... Is it a good idea to use it?

Ooh triops! How fun! When I had a kit for them, I remember the detritus was mixed in with the eggs. So don't worry about that part. Are you sure it says to use distilled water though? I would think you'd want spring water, not distilled. I thought distilled water had everything removed from it, so the pH would be very unstable.

I wouldn't add the bubbler. They are really small, especially when they first hatch, so I think the bubbles from it would kill or harm them.

Ooh triops! How fun! When I had a kit for them, I remember the detritus was mixed in with the eggs. So don't worry about that part. Are you sure it says to use distilled water though? I would think you'd want spring water, not distilled. I thought distilled water had everything removed from it, so the pH would be very unstable.

I wouldn't add the bubbler. They are really small, especially when they first hatch, so I think the bubbles from it would kill or harm them.

a guy on youtube said he had success with an airstone. which is what Iam using. its very weak. But Iam using it so theres atleast some watermovement. iam using a heater. But I have no thermometer but an outside one. So iam going to test the water by finger. Iam wondering if I can use normal water... like tap water? the ph is kinda high though. I have a mini light on too. I have a tap water dechlorinator made for fish. lol so Iam wondering if I can add the rest of the water as tap water with dechlorinator. It said on instructions and on youtube to use distilled. Because its very pure. I left some algea on one of the ornaments Iam using. just in case they eat some of it. lol. Its not alot. its like an intsy bit. but yeah. I hope they breed on their own and I dont have to like change the water or anything. or If i do it doesnt have to be distilled. x___x;;

I just opened up the packet and released thebabies onto a small container that was originally used for storing crickets(cleaned out). So now I just added a leaf to the container which was on my turtle tank. it said I can catch extra infusoria that way. the other leaves are stored. I just made an extra batch of food for when they grow a lil older. I took a few turtle pellets(they are loaded with calcium and vitamins), some goldfish pellets, and some fish flakes. lol. Eventually I may even feed them once in a while frozen brine shrimp and some frozen clams. lol. The temp is at 70-71. Iam hoping thats the right temperature because I got this old strip thermometer my friend gave me(its like a year old). And its reading 70-71. I put it as far away from the light as possible. I do have a heater on the tank. So I guess they should be fine. lol If all else fails and I use up all the tadpole shrimps and no luck. ill just get a betta fish or something. The container that was originally meant for the shrimp I used it as a storage container. lol