Marbled Crawdad! :d

Deku

Oh my god. You guys have to look at this beautiful specimen I saw on aquabid! http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwinverts&1291863204

I wonder, are crayfish active?

Oh I also saw this fish. Totally un-related to the crayfish. But I used to have one untill it died. :C http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fw&1291771802

another fish http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fw&1292186435

This site is pretty good. I don't see the deal on the bettas. Though Iam not a betta fan, so I can't really say for sure. Though I did see my favorite type of betta. A white HM male betta <3

He's a beaut!! :) I wouldn't mind having crawfish again. Ours use to crawl out of their tub and wander round the living room so that could be called active lol...definitely need a hood, but they do like some out of water sunbathing time like turtles....

He's a beaut!! :) I wouldn't mind having crawfish again. Ours use to crawl out of their tub and wander round the living room so that could be called active lol...definitely need a hood, but they do like some out of water sunbathing time like turtles....

Lol if my dad doesnt let me get a bigger tank than a 15g I may just get that. Theres another crayfish I like. Let me find a youtube.

I fell in love with that crayfish. Its called "Red swamp crayfish". Look at that beaut! :D I wonder how much theyd go for??

haha nice :D. Look at those huge claws! And when they are threatened they rise up and wave those menacingly at you!

They also shed their whole skins as you know probably ,but the first time I saw that it was soo shocking, I thought he had died.

And the females get big bags of black eggs that hang under their bellies which is in fact rather gross (until you see the tiny babies soon after with their teeny waving claws in the water, which is very cute :P ).

haha nice :D. Look at those huge claws! And when they are threatened they rise up and wave those menacingly at you!

They also shed their whole skins as you know probably ,but the first time I saw that it was soo shocking, I thought he had died.

And the females get big bags of black eggs that hang under their bellies which is in fact rather gross (until you see the tiny babies soon after with their teeny waving claws in the water, which is very cute :P ).

Lol yes they are cute. They are as cute as a fiddler crab. I dont know why, but I prefer crawdads over lobsters.lol. Well thats just me. The ones by my creek are brown and have claws with orange tips and black circle around their claws. its weird I know.

• 3 weeks later...

That video reminded me of the days I had a red swamp cray and used to take him out to play. Those crays are actually used as feeder crays in my lfs and sell around 2 dollars. And to answer the question above, No crayfish are not really active since they hide in the morning and mostly come out at night or during feeding time.