Hello Im New...

xchairity_casex

hello :)

im new to the forum im the proud owner of two goldfish a 2 year old male Oranda and a 1 year old pearl scale. i wasnt exactly looking to get goldfish when my first boy came along. my neighbor wanted a nice fish tanl and went out and bought a 1 gallon bowl and bought 2 goldfish and a pictus catfish from nnnnnn. no gravel,no air pump nothing. she showed them to me and asked how beautiful they were i didnt expect ne of them to live. about 2 weeks later as i was walking out the door of the apartment she stopped me and asked me if i wanted them becuase" they stink and are disgusting" she had obviously never cleaned the bowl much less changed the water. one catfish had died. i had just recently purchused and set up a 20 gallon i hadnt had any fish in mind at the time but i knew i wanted some when i seen the tank at a second hand shop. the neighbor told me if i didnt take them she was going to toss them off ehr balcony for the seagulls to eat. i took them. my tank was completly cycled but there wasnt much else i could do with them. one goldfish died which left my guy i have now and one catfish. my boy has come a long way since then and i have just recently set up an 80 gallon tank for the two goldfish and 2 pictus cats. ive joined this forum becuase my boy is having some issues with what i belive to be septicemia and i am going to go take a look around the forum here and see what i can learn.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow...not sure what to say about that... LOL I wish goldfish came with instruction sheets for the people that don't know anything! Glad you have "custody" now! Welcome and good luck!