Piccies :)

devilduck

'You see this? I can fit this whole algae wafer half in my mouth!'

012-6.jpg

This is how Mariko spends most of her time, I call her my dancy-fish. Shame it's blurry.

046-1.jpg

Another blurry pic but it amused me, this is how she spends the rest of her time. She's very lady-like.

040-1.jpg

A couple of Chester, who is not at all cooperative when it comes to photos since going in the big tank.

037-3.jpg

032-3.jpg

031-1.jpg

Mariko and Rusty with high flash

004-11.jpg

Another slightly blurry Mariko shot that really shows off her tail

048-2.jpg

And the most cooperative little Rusty's been in a long while. Her head is as wide as Mariko's mouth if you compare this with the first one, that's the same algae wafer chunk!

003-6.jpg

054-1.jpg

056-1.jpg

The last two show pretty truly Rusty's colour, not sure what you'd describe it as, I don't think she counts as true chocolate but I've not found anything closer other than 'caramel' or something!

I should probably update my sig sometime soon too...

Such beautiful fish and a very impressive tank. It's inspirational to this newbie!

Thanks for sharing.

Mj

Yeah, I have this theory that she wants to be an angler fish :rofl I think it's why she was in the petstore in the first place, it's where a lot of culls end up, and it's a pretty obvious flaw for showing. Doesn't bother me in the slightest but yes it is there! It's like one of the folds went over another fold and therefore wasn't connected to her head, so it flaps slightly, and there's one finger tendril that just sticks up almost permanently like a wobbly antenna :rofl

Lovely photos Devilduck! I think Chester is my favourite :heart

I would suppose Rusty's colour is choloclate... its really nice colour anayway. I think he might be a similar colour to Fang's Spicey??

They all look GREAT, Sarah! Nice job!

Rusty looks like a chocolate to me too...a lighter shade if you will...about the same as my telescope Cocoa Puff. Lighter in shade than Bosco's dark brown but still a nice chocolate shade. I like his unique color! ;)

Chester is actually the bigger of the two in body, they're both about 6" nose to tail-tip, about the length of my hand from the base of my palm to the tip of my middle finger, but Mariko has a much slimmer body and longer tail, Chester's about 4.5":1.5" whereas Mariko's 4":2" body to tail ratio. That extra half inch makes a difference. Those two are best buddies but Chester is much more mellow, Mariko very rarely stops darting about and when she does it's to stare out the front of the tank completely motionless with all her fins out watching me....

Wow! These are some reall adorable fishies! I like Rusty best, the colouring appeals to me ;) Good job taking the pictures. :hi