Rescue Betta

Cynders

Well the betta I rescued from my school after some of the AP environmental science kids left him in a liter bottle with disgusting brown water is still ok. I recently had to put down Vulcan and Haku as well and now it's just down to him and my mom's betta, and another in my 5 gallon. No more pet*smart fish from me, I might just order from Aquabid and be ensured a healthy fish. All of these deaths are startign to want to push away from bettas, but this guy is a fighter. I can't believe how happy and friendly he is after living in such gross water. he gets to live in the 2.5 gallon Haku was in and all revamped just for him. I need to find some kind of light for that glass top other than the minibow light LOL Either way he really likes his ne little home other than the 1 gallon minibow. It has an azoo power filter, and it's so quiet and gentle it's perfect. I'll probably add a little piece of driftwood or a nice rock in the middle for him and add more plants later. He's really a sweet fish, I'm glad I got to have the chance to rescue him after all he's been through.

100_1589.jpg

Thanks Fang :heart I'm really surprised he's still alive, but has to be the healthiest betta I've had since I had Calvin 3 years ago when he died at 5 years old.

Kudos on rescuing this handsome fellow!

Those bottle experiments should be banned.

I agree. It's absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense. Some of the girls have some sense and try to change out the water daily, but you cannot create an ecosystem out of a bottle.

Is that in a school? I've never heard of doing something like that, I'm so glad you got to rescue him he is beautiful the deep blue is amazing!

I also rescued my betta Tequila he was living in the most HORRIBLE water conditions with a high voltage light directed right on top of his tiny tank evaporating his water. When I got him home he couldn't swim and sank to the bottom sideways and wouldn't move I held in there and hoped and hoped gave him a clean tank and fed him as best as I knew how. He was a murky brown faded colour and now he's got his bright blue, red and purple splashes back and darts around his new larger tank with ease.

I loved the feeling I got when I knew he was safe and healthy again and I'm so glad your little fella is too!

*EDIT* I'm also so sorry you had to put two down that's so sad :(*

Edited by Satchi

You are an angel! Good work :heart. He is a lucky sweetheart..and omygoodness sucha beautiful radiant blue.

He looks the picture of peace and gratitude too :)

Thanks guys!

Yeah Satchi this was at my school for the environmental science class. I don't know wh ythey continued to try and make an ecosystem with a bottle and a plant on top, it makes no sense. At least the teacher told them not to use goldfish anymore, and if you end up killing your fish by providing poor care for it, you get a bad grade (hopefully an F) so I hope these girls got one.

That's great news! The rescues always seem to be the best and most vibrant pets! Congratulations on getting him all happy and healthy again! :heart

Thank you Imo!

He is so very happy and friendly, in that bottle it looked like he hated the world, no all he cares about is seeing people and eating :rofl I need to find him a nice little center peace for his little tank. It looks like he enjoys it.

That's wonderful that you were able to rescue him :D What a gorgeous fish!

At my highschool they have an experiment for the advanced biology class (which I am in) that uses goldfish in jar with varying conditions- light or dark, plant or no plant, and an acid-base indicator to see which one will survive :doh11: Fortunately my teacher had the sense to not include that experiment because it is unnecessary and cruel...

Thanks! :)

Yes I have AP Biology and for that test we used pill bugs instead, so they werent' really affected, like we had 3 chambers for them to ru naround in, one was covered with a piece of paper, one chamber had a wet piece of paper in it and the other did not. Then after we could soak one in pepsi. They seemed to like that side LOL

What a great thing you did for that poor betta (or should I say lucky. ) :D He is a beautiful fellow and I know he will have a great life with you as his caretaker. :)