Gotta A Couple New Goldies!

Jeana727

I went by Psmart today while we were out puttering around. I wanted some more Tiger Barbs & found a very nice looking tank FULL of babies @ $1 each! I ended up with six! Then (big surprise) I took a look at the goldie tanks. I picked out a small Black Moor (I have NO luck with them so hope for the best for him!!!!) & a tiny calio fantail with one button eye.

I planned to sit them up in my 10 gallon tank......well....I stuck the bag behind my seat (I drive a CRX) which usually works fine it holds the bag o' water perfectly so there's no rolling around. When I arrived home (had also stopped by the grocery store) I put up my groceries & went to retrieve my new fishies. EEEEKKK! The bag had a hole poked in it & the water had almost all leaked out into the shopping bag!!!!! I ran inside & didn't know what to do. SO I plunked the two little boogers right into the big tank. Not the best idea but Oh Well!!

They seem to be doing fine. I lightly salted the tank, just in case. The little Fantail has explored every crevice of the tank & the little Moor (lawd, I hope my Black Moor curse doesn't come back!) has eaten some gel food & is investigating things too!

I hereby remove any past and present Black Moor curses held against Miss Jeana in her pursuit of strong and healthy Black Moors in her future. POOF! :angelstaf:

The angel's a little gay to me but I'm tryin' here... :tomato:

Seriously Jeana I'm looking forward to seeing your new guys! :thumb:

I'll put up some pics tomorrow! The Calico fantail is SO tiny & I just love button eyes!! Right now (thanks Dennis for sending me the "Curse Removal from the "Gay-ish" (LOL) angel! (I think the Angel is CUTE!)the little Black Moor is swimming ALL over the tank!!!!

Haha you curse removers, thats a great idea that we can do that for each other with that angel smiley. Perfect, very useful :)

And coming from blackteles (blackmoorman)...well that says it all! Curse removed period.

Jeanna, the accident with the bag...there was only one choice you had there, and you made it and they must have been very happy to escape near death and go straight into the big tank!!! Fingers crossed ALL goes swimmingly .:Congrats:

Then (big surprise) I took a look at the goldie tanks. I picked out a small Black Moor (I have NO luck with them so hope for the best for him!!!!) & a tiny calio fantail with one button eye.

.I stuck the bag behind my seat (I drive a CRX) ... bag had a hole poked in it & the water had almost all leaked out into the shopping bag!!!!

you need to keep an insulated thermos bag in you crx motocycle at all times for those emergency fish buys.( you do keep a couple of tanks set up for new incoming of course??

good luck but next time buy abut 6 black moor in hopes to have 50% strong at years end.

I never had luck with black moors either until I bought a large one. Hendrix is not longer a moor but he is still alive and well. So maybe you should try that? But lets hope you dont have to and this one well be just fine.

I hope ya'll understand what I mean, but I am glad I am not the ONLY one that has a time with Moors! I REALLY thought it was just ME, and I KILLED them!!!

I want a big, fat BUG EYED goldie SOOOOOO bad.

SO far SO good my little Black Moor is happily poking around in the gravel & swimming all over the tank! WOOHOO!! And the teenie, tiny Fantail is quite a tough guy.....we even swam right up to Spot (A Common probably 6 inches long NOT counting a 4 plus inch tailfin) and gave him the ole' stinkeye!!!

Edited by Jeana727

Oh.......my CRX is a C A R!! A Honda CRX.....this granma in NOT ridin' around on a MOTORYCLE!!!!

Edited by Jeana727

well ido not blame you, i last rode a motorcycle in 1973 oct. i have had very good luck with moors and find them extremely hardy and strong true breeders. Maybe a little extra care as to some things that could cause harm to eyes. hope yours do well too.

He is STILL ALIVE!!! He is all over the tank having a good ole' time! (Oh crap, I am getting my hopes up!)

I noticed that he has a split in his dorsal fin, will that mend in time? (Hoping that I HAVE time with him!!!)

I wanna see a picture of Hendrix(& what do you mean "he's no longer a Moor"?

Let's see everyone's Black Moors!! Maybe THAT'll bring me good vibes too!!!!

Edited by Jeana727

I noticed that he has a split in his dorsal fin, will that mend in time? (Hoping that I HAVE time with him!!!)

One of my RGG's Patch had a split in her dorsal fin and it completely healed within a week after I put her in the tank...I believe it happened during shipment. Your good care will fix it right up! ;)