Tank Update Pictures

figured i would finally update my tank photos and the light fixture i now have. all the new shots are mainly all of the first page and the first 2 shots of the second page. its been a while since my last update. as you will see though the lights are really bright, makes it A LOT easier to photograph fish. was too lazy to edit them.. as i am a bit picky with editing as well, i study photography XD anyways, here you will see, hopefully all my fish, my wonderful plants and what not, and i hope you enjoy. the lights have been absolutely amazing since i got them, you will see though that my brazilian sword plant looks a bit rough but this is how they were post bad lighting. but with the new lighting they are healing up.

one thing, if you browse around you will notice this tall wide, thick cabomba like plant. with some new stems growing. i dont know what plant this is, but it wont stop growwing ! neither does my hydro siemensis !

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af237/CatfishSoupFTW/koko/

hope the link works.

tell me what you think!

ps. my java moss carpet is doing amazing !

I agree! I personally am just not sure about the bettas in the small breeder boxes. I know their water quality is great, but they are sitting in there all confined, with no room to swim. And bettas DO like to cruise around, I can see it with the one we got in the 10 gallon tank by himself. He loves checking out the plants, napping on them, swimming around and seeing what is going on.

In your case, the betta sees all the plants and oranments he could swim through, but won't be able to. Like putting a person in a prison cell with windows out ot a beach or some other awesome place, and never being able to get beyond the bars.

Does that make sense?

OMG, the tanks are GORGEOUS!!!!!

I esp. loved the huge tank by the window, the plants are so green and lush!!!

If you had gf in that tank, do you think you could still maintain the lushness?

I agree! I personally am just not sure about the bettas in the small breeder boxes. I know their water quality is great, but they are sitting in there all confined, with no room to swim. And bettas DO like to cruise around, I can see it with the one we got in the 10 gallon tank by himself. He loves checking out the plants, napping on them, swimming around and seeing what is going on.

In your case, the betta sees all the plants and oranments he could swim through, but won't be able to. Like putting a person in a prison cell with windows out ot a beach or some other awesome place, and never being able to get beyond the bars.

Does that make sense?

I agree with this. It really annoys me when people have their bettas in "betta condos" and not allowed to roam the tank. I compare it to putting your dog in a kennel for 24/7. My bettas are in divided 20s and have about 4 gallons each and their own sections.

But I will admit that I like how they at least each have their own. Some people put four in one and the fish can almost not turn around and are constantly stressed by their neighbors. I also think it would be hard for yours to see each other because of how far away they are.

Overall, I love the tank. It is gorgeous.

Does that make sense?

OMG, the tanks are GORGEOUS!!!!!

I esp. loved the huge tank by the window, the plants are so green and lush!!!

If you had gf in that tank, do you think you could still maintain the lushness?

thanks. a lot of these plants came from my old ten gal set up when i had GF, and they never ate them. i just always had that luck. my tetras eat more plants then my goldies did.

thanks though :D

Does that make sense?

I agree with this. It really annoys me when people have their bettas in "betta condos" and not allowed to roam the tank. I compare it to putting your dog in a kennel for 24/7. My bettas are in divided 20s and have about 4 gallons each and their own sections.

But I will admit that I like how they at least each have their own. Some people put four in one and the fish can almost not turn around and are constantly stressed by their neighbors. I also think it would be hard for yours to see each other because of how far away they are.

Overall, I love the tank. It is gorgeous.

gotta clarify two things here.

1. i dunno i guess i should have said earlier in my op. anyways, its one tank. the other tank you may see in page 2 was my tank set up when i started fish keeping. its a small ten gallon. where that used to sit, it got replaced with thr 55 gallon you see now. thanks for the comments. glad you guys like my set up.

2. and as for the bettas. i know guys, i strongly agree with your.. metaphors i guess we shall call them, but knowing me. i cant buy those small like 1 litre tanks and have a betta in there, because it sort of ends up the same size as these "condos" i have. i would GLADLY set up my ten gallon, but frankly, i would also go full out with that tank. and spend quite a lot of cash on plants, and even lighting. so money becomes in issue.

what i am grateful for though however, is that despite these things that hold me back for an awesome looking betta tank, is that currently, the bettas swim around all the time in there (even if it isnt big) and they show no signs of stress, and overall act and appear happy you could say. i wouldnt mind getting a divider and putting it in the 55 gallon, but i feel that dividers sort of ruin the whole natural view of the tank. i try to stay away from dividers.

if anything, those nice betta tanks they sell which are like 20-40 bucks would be nice, with some really small plants. think i should do that instead? i dunno. i dunno. i would let the female loose, but i tried that aand her fins got a bit nipped on. so i put her in that.

so in conclusion, i dont regret this set up, as its successful, though now if i truly had the option to change to a bigger alternative, id do it in a heart beat. when i had my betta in the ten gal, way back when, he loved exploring, which i loved seeing. and in the end, he always had a spot he returned too.

thanks for the comments, and i will try to think about a better betta alternative. im just glad they are healthy at least :D

The plants and tank in general look really beautiful! I agree with the thing about the bettas though. I wonder if there's a way you could put them in slightly larger condos inside the tank? Or you could possibly even try them out in the main tank and see if they behave. Sometimes male bettas can be kept successfully in a community tank setting, but I think you'd have to be really careful to make sure they do alright. I see you said you have tried some things and thought about ways to give the bettas more space, but it seems like you think you've settled on the best option for you. At least water quality is not an issue then :)

How are your goldfish doing? Can we get an update on them, it's been a while since I've heard anything :)

The plants and tank in general look really beautiful! I agree with the thing about the bettas though. I wonder if there's a way you could put them in slightly larger condos inside the tank? Or you could possibly even try them out in the main tank and see if they behave. Sometimes male bettas can be kept successfully in a community tank setting, but I think you'd have to be really careful to make sure they do alright. I see you said you have tried some things and thought about ways to give the bettas more space, but it seems like you think you've settled on the best option for you. At least water quality is not an issue then :)

How are your goldfish doing? Can we get an update on them, it's been a while since I've heard anything :)

i used to have a male betta in there, before he died a few weeks ago, and he did great. but the tetras make him look like a tetra. if you get what i mean. though yes at the moment the set up i have for them, i have really thought it out. i have been looking for bigger containers to have them in. there is only one good one but not too sure if my lfs has it. i gotta check.

as for the goldfish, yes it has been a while, unfortunately, by the time i got my 55 gallon, it was too late for them, growth wise. so they got stunned :( its a sad reminder. one died. and the rest are fine. they are sort of small, but i dunno how, health wise, behavior and everything else they are doing great. its very odd the luck i have had with them. one of them i am treating for a minor swim bladder issue, but thats no big issue. but yeah, sort of embarrassed to show much about them, but health wise i am glad they are doing well. i just wish i new a head of time. the lfs people when i first started said my set up would be okie. and with the little knowledge i know, and with being misled , i didnt know that gf in general get big. im surprised you still remember them though! it really has been a lonngg time.

Yeah, I remember them because I thought they were cute, especially the pom pom one! I'm sorry you lost one, and I hope the one you're treating gets better quick.

I know what you mean, it's frustrating that many lfs employees don't give out proper information about goldfish and see them as dumb throw-away fish. :(

Yeah, I remember them because I thought they were cute, especially the pom pom one! I'm sorry you lost one, and I hope the one you're treating gets better quick.

I know what you mean, it's frustrating that many lfs employees don't give out proper information about goldfish and see them as dumb throw-away fish. :(

ahhh yes the chocolate pom pom. hes doing great :D and yeah the lfs people, mainly seem more interested in marine and tropical. its like, at times i guess GF could be underrated at times. D: the way i rather see it though is that all fish are equally as important as the next fish. just like people :D

Wowsers!! :o What a STUNNING tank!!! Its so beautiful! Your plants are as gorgeous as the fish!

What kind of fish is that really stripy loach looking one? He's cool!!

thank you :D the tank is healing after my plants were going south on me due to low lighting but now thats fixed and so they have really turned around. as for the loach, its non scientific name is the Zebra Loach, sort of like a yo-yo loach, they look very similar, but the yo yo loach is a "yellow" fish. so the fish which are like. proceed with caution. and last time i bought one of those type of fish. didnt go well. had to get rid of them. so, instead i got this guy :D

though when i bought it, they actually named it botia loach, which is i believe the more fancier name you could say. but yeah :D cool fish. gets along well with my clown loach and ruby shark. :D they seem to dance around at times. i really have noo clue to explain it. happened once. D: concerned me but then i realized they were fine.