New Arrivals

kukana d

OHHHHH SUSAN!!!!! They are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the pics of their chubby faces! what a great group! are they staying together or going with some of your other guys?

What camera do you have? GREAT pics!

Susan, this thread should come with a cutness overload warning!!! :wub:

:heart Utterly scrumptious, gorgeous, stunning, cute, beautiful fish! If they were in my tank I don't think I would be able to prize myself away! I can't choose a favourite I love 'em all! :thumbs:

Those are some gorgeous fish!! I wish I could have so many but that would be so much work.

Which brings me to my question :)

Can you help me figure out how to do water changes quick, easy and cheap?

Because the other day I was bored and counted how many fish you bought recently, and by checking your topics I counted that alone in October and November 2010 you bought a total of 27 new fish!!!!!!!

I didn't count what all you bought in August and September, but I found multiple threads, and in early August when I began being more active here again I remember your profile saying you had 23 at that time.

That means that according to your posts you have at least 60 fish already or even more.

Considered you provide the minimum of 10 gallons per fish you must have at least 600 gallons or more of goldfish tanks.

The minimum of 50% water change weekly brings you to a MINIMUM monthly water change of one thousand two hundred gallons of water.

How do you do all that, living in an apartment? I have only 75 gallons of tank to take care of right now, and it still takes a good amount of time even with the hose that goes right out the back yard. :zz

Changing at least 300 gallons of water every week must take forever :yikes

Also, the costs for 1200 gallons of water every month... I don't even want to think about it.

Of course, you got the R/O system and I don't know how that works, maybe that is your secret? Do you not have to actually change the water but instead do the reverse osmosis and put the same water right back in and this keeps your water costs down?

Also, where do you buy your fish tanks and equipment? From your videos I know that your tanks are not very big, so you must have quite a bunch, plus that one patio pond on your balcony. But I read on here that those ponds usually have way lower filtration, so you can't even have only 10 gallons per fish in there :hummm So you must have a lot of tanks, and even on craigslist I rarely find something really cheap.

I want to know your secret of how you can buy more than a dozen new goldfish a month and keep up with all the work.

I will also send you a private message with a link to this question in case you don't check back on this, because I really really want to know how you do this, so I can figure out how to do the same :)

I would love to see a video of your place with all the fish tanks, or at least videos of all the fish tanks :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

They are super pretty Susan! :D I'd love to see more of the tanks! I especially love the calico one! :heart I'd love to see the others in all their tanks. I bet they're all very pretty! :o Tell me where you can get discounts on tanks? :bat: I Know you have some LOL

Thanks everyone-these guys really are special! Sumer,this group is a mix of Ranchus and Lion Heads. Fede,these guys will be going into my main tank,with some of my other faves.

@Fang-WOW,you know more about my collection and maintenance #s than I doyeah.gifIt is an enormous amount of work,and I have a total of 598g of water here. My fish are housed in 1 170g-w/ MASSIVE filtration,1 300g pond-w/ MASSIVE filtration(2 large pond filters),1 46g w/ 10 tiny ranchu(also lots of filtration)-aka the "Tiny Tot"tank,1 46 g used as an incoming qt tank, and 1 36g used as a hosp tank. I do live in a 1 bdrm apt.-but it's more of a 'granny flat' w/ a nice sized patio-thus the pond. The 598g is JUST my gf-I also have 12 bettas,each in their own tanks ,of course-for a total of 661g. I HAVE A LOT OF FISH TANKS! I do not get them off of CL-they are all bought newohmy.gif With r/o,about 2/3 of what comes out of the faucet is 'waste' water'-if not more,and it trickles in. To give you an idea-if I empty 1/2 of the 170 by 2pm,it takes until 9 or 10pm to fill it back upignore.gif I have to be VERY CAREFUL-I live over some garages,and should water end up on my floor it seeps down below!!! I am very meticulous in my fish keeping habits. My water bill runs about $50.00/mo, + $27.00 for 1 of my 3 r/o units(+the cost of the filters).

Fish keeping is what I do, it takes up a tremendous amount of my energy and resources. I also lose fish,w/ this # of them I've had to get used to that. Another secret to my "Fishdom" is that I am single-I do not have anyone around to complain OR criticize my hobbybingo.gifThis works really well for me-I was married,but lost him to cancer years ago. I think that's it..................

Wow this sure sounds like a lot of work. I thought maybe you knew about some easier way. I don't know if I could do that, working and all that, being married etc.

There goes my hope of some "easier way". At the same time, I wish I had your money, because you seem to have a lot of it LOL *sigh*

Susan, these are stunning as usual. I really love it when you get new fish. Are these your first lionheads? Hatter is my second one and I just love them!

I totally get fish being your thing...especially after having been married and having lost him. Fish are what keep you company and keep you sane. I feel like that (and of course my little dog...and you have that, too) more often than not as well.

:Congrats::newfish:Congrats:

Susan, these are stunning as usual. I really love it when you get new fish. Are these your first lionheads? Hatter is my second one and I just love them!

I totally get fish being your thing...especially after having been married and having lost him. Fish are what keep you company and keep you sane. I feel like that (and of course my little dog...and you have that, too) more often than not as well.

:Congrats::newfish:Congrats:

No,I've had them before,Amy,but it was a while ago-before my tank had 'seasoned' doh11.gifAnd,BTW,I just LOVE your Hatterwub.gif(I just thought I'd say it againwink.gif). And,for sure! My pets do keep me sane! They ask very little,and demand even less! I do not have to ask them if I can get ANOTHER fish,set up another tank,etc-or explain the water billtongue.gif It's just "What would my pets and I like"?post-4056-1113060392.gif And the answer is almost always.................YESSSSSSSSSSSSSdruel.gif I'm not knocking marriage OR parents-they were WONDERFUL when they were here,and I miss them all very muchheartpump.gifheartpump.gifheartpump.gifIt's just another,newer phase of my life nowpainting.gif

Susan, believe me I understand. This battle over QTing my new fish and getting them in the main tank before the in laws arrive has not been fun! And thanks for the Hatter compliments. I hope I can take good care of him, because I sure love him to pieces already.