New Tank~Fluval Chi

waterfaller1

Hello everyone. I bought my own Christmas present this year. :clapping: A white Betta from Thailand, and a Fluval Chi.

I am anxiously waiting for him to arrive.

2942923230103750357S600x600Q85.jpg

*photo courtesy of aquastar71

And here is the tank I set up for him~

before water

chi001.jpg

chi002.jpg

Water, stones, and plants added

chi007.jpg

chi008.jpg

chi009.jpg

Edited by waterfaller1

Thank you all! Someone was fighting me for him. I was determined to win, so I paid too much for him..but oh well.

I think he is the most stunning Betta I have seen too. I cannot wait! I am also getting a sibling female, who will go in my planted tank if she plays nice, or I have a 20 she can have all to herself if not. The tank is great. It's silent except for a trickle. The stock lighting is not enough for plants, hence the desk lamp next to it. It does however have a cool led that shines upward and is always on. So at night it makes a shimmering little glow on the ceiling. :)

Edited by waterfaller1

nice! I saw that betta when he was in auction! I got my white crowntail from the same breeder. :)

I Love Love Love the tank, just be careful because I think it has an open top? Maybe you can find some plexiglass to cover it?

Thank you Texana & Commis! I need a really awesome name for him. One that says I am special. :wub: The plants are presently dwarf hair grass, and cryptocoryne lanceolata. There is also a soft floater, cannot remember the name...but a foxtail type plant.

nice! I saw that betta when he was in auction! I got my white crowntail from the same breeder. :)

I Love Love Love the tank, just be careful because I think it has an open top? Maybe you can find some plexiglass to cover it?

Hello & thank you. How do you like your betta from him? I have read you get what you see, which is not always the case on AB. I am thinking I am going to make a lid, for at least while I am not around. I have some ceiling diffuser and bridal veil. Or I could get some of the needlepoint backing which is flatter...either will do.

Edited by waterfaller1

Oh, I love both! The Chi is a wonderful looking tank for a betta (although it would look SO out of place in my own place and my cat would think it is her latest playground), and that fish is amazing! I'm all for colorful bettas, but I also like all white fish (still looking for an all white butterfly or ryukin) and this betta gotta be one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! Sure a rare coloring (or lack of coloring) and it is going to look amazing!'

Congrats!

Oh yea I love my betta! The ones from thailand are always like in the pictures! I got three from there. (they are all 3 in great health now - 8months later :) )

this is my white crowntail Mr.Chow:

fishbetta-1-1-1-1.jpg

Background would be great, I'm just not sure about black. Maybe some with a blue tint, sorta like in Federica's pic of Mr. Chow. Because with all black, and a white fish, the green plant will stick out the most, being the only thing that has actual color. You know what I mean?

Regarding the background I find that Mr.Chow really pops in any color - right now I have a leopard themed background and I love how it looks!