Prime

npila1

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I noticed today that there are small black "particles" on the bottom of my Prime bottle. This may have been there all along and I just didn't notice it before, not sure. Does anyone know what the particles are and whether this is normal? It also smells bad, but on the bottle it says that "sulfur odor" is normal, so I've assumed that that's what that is.

Yes, sulfur smells like rotten eggs and it's a normal smell for most water conditioners. As for the black particles I've never noticed. They shouldn't do any harm though. I sometimes find them in aquarium salt. :D

Edited by Haruka

Yes, sulfur smells like rotten eggs and it's a normal smell for most water conditioners. As for the black particles I've never noticed. They shouldn't do any harm though. I sometimes find them in aquarium salt. :D

Yeah, I've seen them in the aquarium salt before, too. I didn't know if it was the same thing...

Do you guys shake it before adding it to the water? I noticed that it doesn't mention shaking it in the instructions on the bottle.

This came from Dee Dee on a previous thread with the same question:

The maker of prime, Seachem, has this on their FAQ page:

Question: I think that my Prime might be old because it smells like it went bad...

Answer: Prime? has a very distinct odor that is similar to sulfur which is completely normal. Also, the presence of small black specks is normal.

Thanks Dee Dee! ;)