Aqua Fern ?

number20121

http://www.plantgeek.net/images/plantpics/tjavanicum2.jpg

Pet$mart sells this, not sure what they call it. Maybe they do call it Aqua Fern too, I don't know.

Anyway, I bought one of those for the tropical tank MONTHS ago, but two days ago I read they are not aquatic, so I took it and put it in a little cup with water for the roots.

The next day, the leaves were all dried out.

The plant was perfectly fine for the longest time in the water, but when removed it died. So is it aquatic then?

I would guess it's semi-aquatic and likes to live in very moist marshy areas. It probably dried out because it was too dry and not humid or moist enough in your house.

I don't know for sure, that's just my best guess.

usually ferns are all aquatic so it seems, but i guess this could be those bunched plants with no roots and maybe need high humidity.. aside from that though, i guess seeing how they are fine in your tank, i probably would have just left them there. they look sorta cool though. i like em.

That plant is more like the bamboo plants, they can be partially submerged but the leaves need to be mostly in the air. I had a few in a tropical tank and they died (submerged) but when they were in the turtle tank, leaves exposed they grew ok.