Strange Poops...

M'kay... so a while back I started a thread about Brains and her "snot poops"... well, they haven't really gone away, but they're not the same either. I just noticed this HUGE tube of poo floating in the tank (it did contain some air bubbles, but I don't think that's the only reason it's floating) and it's got a LOT of mucus in it. It contains food bits, but looks much closer to the color of the food from the container than it normaly does (poops usually come out brownish or tan). I have no idea what's caused and is continuing to cause this... but these poos are definitly NOT NORMAL, and since it's been going on for so long, I figure I need to do something about it... Will be posting pics as soon as I can unearth the box in the garage with my webcam in it (or the one that has my phone-usb cable) but in the mean time, I'm looking for some ideas...

I don't know. My fish sometimes get these slimy poops. In dogs I know that slimy poop means an irritated tummy. Do you feed food with probiotics? I think that could help.

*sigh* no... my fish get the store brand floating pellets right now... my mom had a gift card to a store we RARELY go to, and the stuff was on sale, so that's what I had to buy... I'm ALMOST done with the first of the THREE packages she talked me into buying. I'd take the other two back, but I can't get to that store on my own, and I'd rather not try to argue the point with my mom... once this stuff is gone though (probably some time over the summer *facepalm*) I'll be getting hikari, with my own money, and my mom will NOT have a say!

Also, still haven't found that box... it might be a couple of days, there are a LOT of boxes in the garage, and not all of them are labeled properly! :whatjust: