They Made It!

They left Ohio around 3pm yesterday. At around 3am they made it to Indiana. After that they were on their flight to LAX. From what I hear, they ran the flight attendants crazy demanding their in flight meals.

They got here at about 9am this morning. Just like everyone said, they were so well packed. I let them float in the tank water for a few minutes in their unopened bags (I wish I realized they were double-bagged before I did this so I could have not put the outside bag in my water...oh well). Then I added a shot of Prime and a bit of tank water. Finally I hand put them in the QT tub.

Here they are acclimating:

newfish074.jpg

The lionhead is going to be Hatter, after the Mad Hatter. The red and white reminded me of Alice and Wonderland. And let me tell you, he is BIG! A two hander for sure and really girthy. If anything even cuter in person. He has way more red streaks than I would like and he lost a few scales, but all in all seems spunky. Here he is desperate to get out:

newfish080.jpg

Merryweather is quite a bit more scared. She was really flat in her bag, but she seems to be recovering.

newfish081.jpg

Finally they made it to their QT tub to relax and settle in. They are currently covered with a towel and a do not disturb sign hanging on their doorknob. Just kidding about that...I would be really strange if I put a doorknob on their tub!

newfish085.jpg

newfish083-1.jpg

Awwwwwww,they are BEAUTIFUL,AMYwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifCONGRATULATIONS!!! To all 3 of you!!! I love their names tooheartpump.gifIf they just chill for a while-don't worry,they can do that after the trip. Hey,I bet your fish and mine traveled together on the plane! Come to think of it,they said something about 2 very demanding fish(with attitudes!)that were LA bound!!!tongue.gif

Hey,I bet your fish and mine traveled together on the plane! Come to think of it,they said something about 2 very demanding fish(with attitudes!)that were LA bound!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Its so good to hear that they made it safely! They are too cute. My guys hung around the bottom of the tank at first but were begging for food at the end of the day. I really love that front view of Hatter.

They are currently covered with a towel and a do not disturb sign hanging on their doorknob. Just kidding about that...I would be really strange if I put a doorknob on their tub!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl Thanks for that hun! I nearly choked on a sweet!!!!!

Seriously, gorgeous stunning fish! :heart:Congrats:

Awwwwwww,they are BEAUTIFUL,AMYwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifCONGRATULATIONS!!! To all 3 of you!!! I love their names tooheartpump.gifIf they just chill for a while-don't worry,they can do that after the trip. Hey,I bet your fish and mine traveled together on the plane! Come to think of it,they said something about 2 very demanding fish(with attitudes!)that were LA bound!!!tongue.gif

I heard from my fish that there was this group of fish on the plane bragging about their mansion pond home. In fact, they were quite snooty about it!:rofl

Hatter was supposed to be 5.8 inches, but he sure looks bigger to me! I will definately need to step up my water changing routine to twice a week I think. I peeked in on them and they were already scavanging around. A good sign for sure.

Now I need a nap. I could not sleep last night.

It's delightful seeing a nice long row of beautiful fish in your siggy again! :D

I hope there is one I'll want to bid on! I may BIN if the price is decent. I need to try and limit myself to just one this time... but we'll see how that goes :doh11:

Edited by Sakura

Amy, I'm so excited for you! Hatter is GORGEOUS. Truly a jewel. He's going to look SO awesome in your tank!!! Next time you take a pic, you should put something in there for perspective, like your hand or a soda can or something, so we can all appreciate his monstrous (and wonderful!) size.

He is bigger than I even expected. I think the comparision will be watching him dwarf all of the other fish...but I'll put something in that I can figure out for comparison. I wish it was easier to take pictures in the tub. So far Merryweather is hanging out in one corner, a few times I have seen Hatter chase her which I'm not crazy about. But I can't really tell if he is chasing her or just happens to be swimming by and she thinks, "Holy crap! What is that thing swimming at me...is it a whale? I better get the heck out of here."

Of course, from what I can tell he might be my only male and he is huge, so it will be interesting if anyone ends up with eggs. I am 90% certain I will have to seperate him so he doesn't squash anyone like a bug.