Anti Parasite Food

pss_gold

I've fed my goldies the three days of jungle anti parasite and today is their 3rd day without food. Is it really necessary to not feed them for this long? How many times of the tree days of anti food are recomended? I wasn't seeing any major signs of parasites but I figured it'd help with any flukes or anything that might cause problems in the future.

Yep yep, Edith has got you covered. I just wanted to add so that you know this for in the future; it's almost never a good idea to treat goldfish with any medication unless they are actually showing symptoms. The Jungle Anti-Parasite food does contain an antibiotic as well, and antibiotics are bad to use without cause. Because they're harsh and improper use of antibiotics can create superbugs which aren't affected by antibiotics. Now that you've already started to use it though, I think you have to finish the full course. Not totally sure...

Just for future reference, a little yawning is not really cause for jumping straight to meds. Goldfish can yawn for a number of reasons, and actually a little yawn here and there is normal :)