Undecided

sasha

when i get my new 50 gallon tank ,im not sure what kind of fancies to get for the tank

i have my black moor at minute and was thinking of getting another one to keep him/her company

also the lfs the other week i noticed they sell panda orandas which looked so cute.

are the orandas the same as the moors to take care of and will they get along. thanks

I would get another eye impaired fish to go with the moor. My moor is in a 30gal with her buddy the Celestial eye. They are great together because they have the same capabilities of getting food. WHen they were in the larger tank with the other fish they had trouble getting their fair share.

Have you looked into telescopes? THey are like moors but in lots of different colors.

I'm not particularly into fancy goldfish, especially anything fancier than a fantail...but I have always had a soft spot for ranchus and lionhead :) I used to have a lionhead, and she lived for 9 years, the longest living fish I've ever had. Very, very cute too!

Orandas should get along with the moor, but of course there are exceptions because each fish is different and some are just mean and will attack. The only fish I wouldn't combine in the same tank would be bubble eye fish.

With pandas there is just always the big chance that they will lose all their black.

Butterflies are amazing, Sakura has a few and they are some of the most beautiful fish you can find. Here she posted some videos, the second one shows some close ups of these stunning fish http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/87678-new-videos/page__p__1000216__fromsearch__1#entry1000216

I honestly have yet to find a butterfly at a petstore though, I believe she bought most or even all of them at the auctions at goldfish connection.

But petstores have very nice looking telescope goldfish, my LFS just got a new shipment in. I saw some really pretty ones (If I just had more room) like an all white telescope. That one really caught my eye. My little Chibi is a cute tri-color telescope. As Koko said, lionheads and ranchus should be fine with them too :)