Hydro Sponges

nagaraj

hello everyone, I read an article about the use of hydro sponges made by aquatic technologies. I plan to attach it to the airstone. Has anybody used these sponges? Is it worth buying for a 10 gallon tank

You mean like a sponge filter? I have one and they are very good for extra surface agitaion (because of the bubbles) and for an extra place for beneficial bacteria to live. In no way do they replace a canister or HOB filter though.

You mean like a sponge filter? I have one and they are very good for extra surface agitaion (because of the bubbles) and for an extra place for beneficial bacteria to live. In no way do they replace a canister or HOB filter though.

hi sakura, thanks for the prompt reply. How have set up the sponge filter seperately? I read you could connect it to the airstone or to the intake of the HOB filter.

Yeah, mine is connected to airline tubing and the air pump. I think you have to have a special kind of filter to hook it up to, but I'm not sure what kind. I know the Aquaclears I have don't have any way of connecting to a sponge filter.

Yeah, mine is connected to airline tubing and the air pump. I think you have to have a special kind of filter to hook it up to, but I'm not sure what kind. I know the Aquaclears I have don't have any way of connecting to a sponge filter.

hey thanks, how big is your tank? My tank has a aqueon HOB filter, i would need a something smaller. Why do u use a water heater? Goldfish can live in 60 F and above isn't it?

• Admin

i use the sponge filter to with to HOB and a heater on my 50 gal tank. i think the sponge filters are great for maintaining the Bb's in the tank. i just love them now :)