Need To Vent!

CountryLovah

OMG the baby I am sitting for is driving me MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watch two kids Mon-Thurs all day at my house. Both are about 10 and a half months old. They are cousins. I begain watching Baby #1 first and he is this perfect little guy.. He's freakin adorable and cute and silly and funny and cuddly but also independent and he is amazing. He is the son of one of my good friends and I just LOVE this kid and I'm not really a baby person at all. But he is just SO loveable!

Then they say that Baby #2's parents are looking for a sitter so why not try to watch both and make double the $. Sounds great in theory but Baby #2 is driving me insane! He's impossible to entertain, he whines and cries... You can't even put him down in the pack n play for 5 seconds while you go make a bottle without him screaming. His parents overfeed him and he is just a poop machine PLUS they totally get the wrong size diapers for him. He's a BIG baby and he should probably be up 2 sizes but they squeeze him in small ones and then you have to actually struggle to get the diaper on right. PLUS when he poops if you don't get it like INSTANTLY the diaper is so tight it squishes and ends up all over him!!!!!!!! Me and Baby #1's parents even mentioned something about the diaper size but they won't listen! Right now his teeth are coming in so his normal bad moods are times 10 and I am gonna lose what's left of my mind. I think the final straw was about an hour ago he grabbed hold of this little fish decoration I have and 1) I don't want him to have it 2) it was little so he could have put it in his mouth and so I took it from him and said "no" sternly but not mean and he screamed non stop for half an hour!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I really reeeeally need the $ but I am not sure how much longer I can handle Baby #2! It's nap time now and Baby #1 is not here today so I had a chance to vent!!!!!!!!! Please someone savvvvvvve meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am going to post the theme song from Smallville that says "Somebody Save me" on my fb as an inside joke but don't anyone say anything on there because Baby #2's mom is my friend on there!!! LOL K? Ahhhhhhhh

Maybe you can teach the baby by rewarding good, calm, happy behaviors with something he values and ignoring the bad. Of course you wouldn't implement anything dangerous neglectful or painful as punishment.

Read the book called Don't Shoot the Dog, it describes how to train people:)

I feel for ya. I could not do that. It is hard enough to take care of dogs that drive you nuts, been there!

Oh wow, I feel for you. One of the reasons why I don't have kids yet, then again I am sure I would end up with a little angel as I would raise my child correctly, not like those dorky parents of baby #2.

It seems like they already spoiled the kid too much and have no clue what they are doing.

This is why I would totally vote for a license for kids. I am NOT joking.

LOL @ the Smallville theme though!!

Do you really need money that bad? Also how is that baby affecting the good baby? I think I would either say no can't keep him any more or ask for more money from the parents that insist on to small diapers.

Sorry think I would eat less or eat beans all week instead.

:no: I swear I will never have kids after experiencing what you are experiencing. I babysat one like baby #2 and I feel your pain. I was so angry I just dropped him off with his mother. Don't dump your bad kid on me! LOL I would honestly give up taking care of him and take care of baby #1 whose parents are actually nurturing their child and not just dumping him on you because they can't handle him. For the sake of your sanity.....Ship 'em back to where he came from LOL!

First I thought this post was about the cranky old lady you were talking about on Halloween LOL!

Sounds like Baby #2's parents are dorks.
so I'd drop baby #2 (NOT literally rofl3.gif )
t is hard enough to take care of dogs that drive you nuts, been there!

not like those dorky parents of baby #2.

Omg I love you guys!!! I'm still losing my mind but now at least I am laughing too!!!!!!! LOLOL

I agree though.. That it seems like they have spoiled him to the point where he thinks he can just cry and scream to get his way, and yes I've already been trying to take your advice Texana as far as:

Maybe you can teach the baby by rewarding good, calm, happy behaviors with something he values and ignoring the bad. Of course you wouldn't implement anything dangerous neglectful or painful as punishment.

For example if he cries or screams just from being put down for a second I try to act like I am not even noticing (even though brain is about to explode and my ears are ringing! LOL) but then once he calms down and wants attention in a positve way, (like making playful faces at me or trying to talk etc) then that's when I reward him with attention and positive gestures etc. and THAT'S when I DO pick him up.. But it just feels like its no use because he starts to get used to it then comess back the next day and it starts all over again. I'm hoping its a phase but it's TOUGH!!!

Unfortunately right now I really DO need the money and to make matters worse Baby#1 may only be coming a few days a week for a while and right now they are in a worse position than me I think financially so they've been late on paying me (with my permission of course. Like I said its a good friend and things have been really rough with her boyfriend (baby's dad) in the hopsital and out of work so I have told her that she can take her time to some degree.) If Baby#1 were consistently coming 4 days a week with pay on time then I may just have to give up Baby #2 and save my sanity. But for now I need the $ and so I have to suck it up as long as I can and hope he outgrows this BEFORE i commit myself..

NO for REAL! Its actually ridiculous that you need permits and licenses for almost everything else in the world from driving a car, to buying a house, to putting a swimming pool in your yard but any idiot can be responsible for a kid! And while I realize you can't blame everything on parenting (I mean, you can have two kids raised by the same parents the exact same way and one can just be a "bad seed" and the other a little angel) but to some degree of course it makes a difference. I know moms (people in my own family) that won't put their babies down and literally pick them up EVERYWHERE and in the end those kids don't know how to do anything without mom and scream and cry because they know they CAN! Then you have people who aren't paying attention when you should. I think its a happy medium. The kid has to be able to know he can rely on you and feel safe but it also needs to be able to do things and learn for itself. From what I can see Baby #1's parents have done an excellent job of that.. Sure he has fussy days too, but for the most part if he's really upset SOMETHING is wrong. He knows how to entertain himself for small periods and if he's in the high chair waiting for me to get him dinner I can walk into the kitchen while i get everything ready and he is FINE. Where as Baby #2 will just SCREAM the second you put him down. And foodwise. Baby#1 has a really good food/bottle schedule and they did it that way on purpose so they wouldn't have a baby that was only happy if it had food or a bottle. Baby#2 is fed/given bottles SO often its like he doesn't know what to do if he isn't eating. And honestly he's really large..

:rofl

Right now my goal is to keep going as long as I can and if I can somehow make it to summer I am going to tell them I just don't want to be watching two kids during my daughters summer vacation because we like to be able to go to the beach and swim and just relax (which is true).. And at that point if they find someone new for the following fall, fine. And if they don't and want me to watch him again then, we'll see how I feel after a break.

However, winter hasn't even started yet and I am counting down til summer? HELP! LOL

Oh well gotta go. Time to wake up Baby#2 and then hear more crying! Thanks for letting me vent guys! :heart

I could never babysit. Maybe you could pet-sit instead! That would be way more fun.

OMG I was just thinking this!

I think I would either say no can't keep him any more or ask for more money from the parents that insist on to small diapers.

Sorry think I would eat less or eat beans all week instead.

:rofl

Unforuntalty though I do NEED money that bad but asking for more is not a bad idea. I could always say that I didn't realize two kids would be this much work and if they need me to keep going I need more. That's something to consider cause right now I am giving them a really sweet deal!!

I would honestly give up taking care of him and take care of baby #1 whose parents are actually nurturing their child and not just dumping him on you because they can't handle him. For the sake of your sanity.....Ship 'em back to where he came from LOL!

Well I already kinda answered this in my last post .. believe me like I said if Baby#1 were more consistent I think I would just eat ramen noodles all month and give up Baby#2.. LOLOL

First I thought this post was about the cranky old lady you were talking about on Halloween LOL!

wait what cranky old lady? are you sure that was me??

Also how is that baby affecting the good baby?

Just saw this. Actually good baby just looks at bad baby like he's nuts LMAOOOOOOOOOOO And I think when good baby is here he is a positive influence on bad baby because good baby is more the leader and bad baby is the follower. So bad baby sees good baby and tries to mimick him and actually behaves kinda okay those days.. plus when both babies are here baby#2 occupies himself a bit more by playing with the other baby and is less focused on constant attention from me so it frees me up a bit. So really, watching BOTH kids is better than just the one, although you would think it was worse having more.

Like I said, today I have JUST the one so its actually a really really bad day whereas yesterday I had both and it was bearable. Plus Baby#1 is just so freaking adorable that even when I am about to run screaming from the house cause of Baby#2, Baby#1 makes me laugh and brightens my mood..

It's just a shame though because when I was just watching Baby #1 (Geez this baby 1 baby 2 thing is getting repetitive! LOL) I was so happy. I would actually even LOOK FORWARD to mondays because I missed him. And now I just DREAD mondays. And for someone like me who deals with depression thats not good. So in the end, I may have to give up Baby #2 and just go back to being really broke. Just gonna hold out as long as I can to try and pay back the surgery/dental my dog just had and have some $ for christmas ya know? I'm gonna try and hold out as long as I can and try my best to take it one day at a time (which is hard for me)

:heart Oh hun, I feel your pain! I look after babies all day long, I work in a Nursery (Daycare) looking after babies from 6 months old. The bad days can really be BAD!!!! I say DON'T wake him up, let him sleep for as long as he likes!!! :D

If he is teething could you dose him up on paracetamol? Is he crying for a reason or is he just a cranky kid! If he doesn't stop whinging phone the parents to come and pick him up! Maybe he is ill :ill , do his parents pander to his every whim? (tut tut tut!!!)

I feel for you, good luck! ;)

Surely Baby 2's parents must have noticed how mucky he's getting with the nappies?! Is there even a price difference between sizes?! Baby needs bigger panties and baby is going to be stressy if they're too tight! (I get cranky if I discover I've picked up my sister's underwear by mistake and it's too small, and I know what the problem is and how to fix it!!!)

wait what cranky old lady? are you sure that was me??

Remember on facebook I think it was the lady whom you wanted to leave a 'present' on her doorstep LOL

Also how is that baby affecting the good baby?

Just saw this. Actually good baby just looks at bad baby like he's nuts LMAOOOOOOOOOOO And I think when good baby is here he is a positive influence on bad baby because good baby is more the leader and bad baby is the follower. So bad baby sees good baby and tries to mimick him and actually behaves kinda okay those days.. plus when both babies are here baby#2 occupies himself a bit more by playing with the other baby and is less focused on constant attention from me so it frees me up a bit. So really, watching BOTH kids is better than just the one, although you would think it was worse having more.

Like I said, today I have JUST the one so its actually a really really bad day whereas yesterday I had both and it was bearable. Plus Baby#1 is just so freaking adorable that even when I am about to run screaming from the house cause of Baby#2, Baby#1 makes me laugh and brightens my mood..

It's just a shame though because when I was just watching Baby #1 (Geez this baby 1 baby 2 thing is getting repetitive! LOL) I was so happy. I would actually even LOOK FORWARD to mondays because I missed him. And now I just DREAD mondays. And for someone like me who deals with depression thats not good. So in the end, I may have to give up Baby #2 and just go back to being really broke. Just gonna hold out as long as I can to try and pay back the surgery/dental my dog just had and have some $ for christmas ya know? I'm gonna try and hold out as long as I can and try my best to take it one day at a time (which is hard for me)

That's a good attitude to take! But if it gets too tough don't put yourself through it :( Christmas is tight this year again. I wish it could be an easy and relaxing holiday for everyone. I hope it works out better for you :heart And that baby #2 learns how to copy baby #1's behavior to a T LOL

He's gone!!!!!!!! yayayayaa! lol

:heart Oh hun, I feel your pain! I look after babies all day long, I work in a Nursery (Daycare) looking after babies from 6 months old. The bad days can really be BAD!!!! I say DON'T wake him up, let him sleep for as long as he likes!!! :D

If he is teething could you dose him up on paracetamol? Is he crying for a reason or is he just a cranky kid! If he doesn't stop whinging phone the parents to come and pick him up! Maybe he is ill :ill , do his parents pander to his every whim? (tut tut tut!!!)

I feel for you, good luck! ;)

Trust me I really don't like the idea of waking him up. The problem is he will literally do nothing but eat/sleep eat/sleep and then he stays up all night. It's all messed up so I guess I could be evil and let him snooze for 2-3 hours here and let that be her problem, but I'm too nice!!!! LOL

He's def crying MORE cause of his teeth.. And I think he's also testing his bounderies. I was telling his mom about his behavior today and right then he grabbed something he couldn't have and she took it from him. He started screaming and then tried to hit his mother in the head!! No joke! She looked SO embarrassed.. But she said VERY sternly NO! so I really don't know. I admit it was kinda funny watching him do it to her too hahahahah

Surely Baby 2's parents must have noticed how mucky he's getting with the nappies?! Is there even a price difference between sizes?! Baby needs bigger panties and baby is going to be stressy if they're too tight! (I get cranky if I discover I've picked up my sister's underwear by mistake and it's too small, and I know what the problem is and how to fix it!!!)

There probably is a small price difference but nothing big. me and baby#1's parents even gave her some diapers and said "why don't you try these they probably would fit better' and she got all defensive and said "the 4's are big enough!!!"... touchy subject I suppose!!!!

Remember on facebook I think it was the lady whom you wanted to leave a 'present' on her doorstep LOL

OHHHH OHHHHHHH! YES!!! hahahahahah the word "old" threw me off cause she's not old. She's just another kids mom.. oooh she is REALLY REALLY annoying too! lol

Christmas is tight this year again. I wish it could be an easy and relaxing holiday for everyone. I hope it works out better for you heartpump.gif And that baby #2 learns how to copy baby #1's behavior to a T LOL

Don't you hate that? I mean, I know it's not all about presents but I just wish I could buy my kid stuff and get things for a few close people without it breaking the bank.. I'm all stressed trying to figure out how to squeeze money together.... And of course my daughter is getting older so she wants more expensive things. So if Santa doesn't bring those expensive things, I am in BIG trouble! ;)

Reading this just brought back memories of my babysitting teenage years. Quite frankly I hated it no matter what age the kids were. I mean I liked the kids and everything but it was such a struggle to clean up after them and play on their level all the time and keep them entertained, etc. I'm just not cut out to be a mom I guess. On the other hand I did do a LOT of housesitting and everbody had animals and it was great!! I'm not a dog person but I even prefer to take care of them cause when I had enough I could just put them outside or in their kennel or whatever! I also did a lot of yardwork which really wasn't so bad. So, there are other options to just babysitting that maybe you could look into. Your emotional health just may depend on it--hope it all works out for you! :unsure:

Sue, I feel for you! And you are a mom so it isn't like you don't know what you are doing. You are just dealing with one overly spoiled kid who's parents cater to his every whim because they don't know how to put up with him either. I do think over time if you are consistent he will eventually learn what he can and can't do at your house. Of course, it will take a long time and you may not want to put up with the little pain the :fbottom: for that much longer.

Oh wow, I feel for you. One of the reasons why I don't have kids yet, then again I am sure I would end up with a little angel as I would raise my child correctly, not like those dorky parents of baby #2.

It seems like they already spoiled the kid too much and have no clue what they are doing.

LOL @ the Smallville theme though!!

Some kind of test besides the practical one, would be great idea.

A licence for keeping animals would be a grat idea also. The neighbours of my parents are awful. They have a beautiful german shepherd and it is completely mental because of them. So sad :doh11:

So earlier I did something just as a little test..

Both boys were in the living room and I had to go make a bottle for Baby #2 and the kitchen is downstairs. So I decided to video what happens when I put them each in a pack n play for a second. They were both playing on the floor and I picked up baby#1 and placed him in a pack n play with a toy and sat him down. He grabbed the toy and began to play. No fuss. Then I did the same thing with baby#2.. Picked him up put him in the other pack in play with one toy. He started to cry instantly..

I found it interesting that today when Baby#2 mom came to pick him up I said something like "you love mama don't you?" and she said "thats because I let him do all the fun stuff! I let him stand on the table and slap the tv and do whatever he wants"...

REALLY I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSSSSSSED!!! lol

Even my daughter gets annoyed! She comes home from school @3:45 so she is here for a few hours each night with the babies and she is like "Is he crying AGAIN?! GEEEEZ" lol

Quite frankly I hated it no matter what age the kids were. I mean I liked the kids and everything but it was such a struggle to clean up after them and play on their level all the time and keep them entertained, etc. I'm just not cut out to be a mom I guess

I totally know how you feel. I mean, I AM a mom and sometimes I think I am not cut out to be a mom.. LOL I'm not having more kids I know that much. Taylor is a really awesome kid and I got lucky that she is very independent and fun and I couldn't imagine any other kid. No way am I going and having another esp since she is already 10! No way am I starting over now. lol

[Of course, it will take a long time and you may not want to put up with the little pain the :fbottom: for that much longer

hahahah perfect place to use that! LOLOL

A licence for keeping animals would be a grat idea also. The neighbours of my parents are awful. They have a beautiful german shepherd and it is completely mental because of them. So sad :doh11:

You're SO right! There's this show called Animal Cops. If you ever watch it its HEARTBREAKING to see what some people will do (or NOT do in many cases) for their animals..

Its weird. Baby#2 left 30 min ago and Baby#1 is still here and he is staying for another few hours.. doesn't even feel like a job. We are all just hanging out, playing, watching tv. He's just like part of the family and everyone enjoys him. We fight over him in fact lol

Geez, that kid sounds like a total nightmare! I'm not a fan of babies anyways.. :donthit: lol

My mom runs a daycare at home, so I get my share of these horror stories all the time. :lol Most of the time it's problems like this, where the parents are way too lenient so the kid thinks they can just get their way all the time.

I found it interesting that today when Baby#2 mom came to pick him up I said something like "you love mama don't you?" and she said "thats because I let him do all the fun stuff! I let him stand on the table and slap the tv and do whatever he wants"...

REALLY I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSSSSSSED!!! lol

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Awwwwww...Sue...I feel for you...Hopefully bad baby learns a thing or two from you and behaves well under your and good baby's influence...Sending positive thoughts and wishes your way...<3

Missed you!!

Missed you All!!

Missed Koko's..<3

:hug

J!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol I missed you girlie! :) Is it time for some new babies yet? Lemme know when it is cause I have some ideas on how to really kick things off right this time if you wanna hear them :-)