In Progress Of 55G No. 2

number20121

I took these photos with the video camera, hence the awful quality. Still, I'm so excited over this and need to share it with my beloved kokonuts! :)

Steven working hard on the stand for his tank

standwork01.jpg?t=1291143043

standwork02.jpg?t=1291143126

This is the actual tank. You can see my dog sleeping in the corner behind it, that's her favorite spot!

standwork03.jpg?t=1291143043

My goldfish were getting all interested in what is going on out there

standwork04.jpg?t=1291143043

Shadow the cat blending in with his favorite bed/pillow, my huge plush cow. He was observing with only little interest.

standwork05.jpg?t=1291143043

Steven always gets so shy for photos :heart

standwork06.jpg?t=1291143043

Back there at the end of the couch is where the new tank will be, the (invisible) end table with the lamp will go.

standwork08.jpg?t=1291143043

This is what the stand looks like right now. Since it is hidden behind the couch it will be kept simple for now. Needs to be stained and sealed still though.

standwork09.jpg?t=1291143043

And this is an edit of what the view from the computer will be like, sort of. Of course I was standing when taking this photo. Back in the left corner where the 20g is now, we will put the lamp, and as said before; underneath the Goonies poster will be the Goonies-themed 55g tropical tank.

So when being at the PC, or when watching TV or when playing video games, I will always be able to have an eye on all the fish :)

overview.jpg?t=1291143043

Sounds like this will turn out great. :) I'm so glad whenever I see someone else has a couple of tanks in the same room. I get weird looks from my nonfish friends when they see I have two tanks and three betta bowls in my dining room. :D

There's nothing wrong with that! I like having them all in one room, especially the living room where, when I am at home, I spend most of the time if I'm not cleaning or cooking or sleeping. :)

Our place is little, so there would be either only the bedroom or the kitchen as alternative, and I don't spend THAT much time in those rooms.

I like being able to see my babies as much as possible, not just when I get out of the bed and in the morning and feed them quick, and then I don't go back to be bedroom until it is sleeping time.

Oh I love how your fish have got a snowy winter theme going on! :cold:

Can't wait to see it all set up with fish in there swimming all around! :Congrats:

Thank you very much! And me too, even though it is only a few fish, but it will look great!

Oh, and I suppose you missed the video I had posted a week or so ago of the winter themed goldfish tank :)

That's gunna look so perfect in there. :rofl I don't see that smile he promised! I love the wood paneling down there. He's done an absolutely fabulous job with the stand too. What do you make them with 2x4s? MUCH better than buying them

Looking at that room I am wondering where do you plan to put it? lol

ts ts ts someone only looked at the photos and didn't read what I wrote :bat: Kids, you gotta pay attention in class!! :D

It's going to be back at the end of the blue couch. You can't really tell too well in the photo but there is enough room for the tank. The lamp in the corner will simply go where the 20g is right now.

Limited space sucks, but I can live with giving a bit more room to the fish to make things more comfortable for them. :fishtank:

Excuses... *cough* :D

Not too bad with the cleaning. I cheat and combine the gravel vac with the garden hose so for water changes I will just stick the thing in the tank and the water will go out the back door by itself. And for gravel vacuuming on the right side of the tank I will just sit on the arm of the couch :D

I just tested it, as the stand plus tank are stored back there right now, and I can touch the inside bottom of the tank almost all the way to the right side of the tank with my fingers, without stretching much.

I'm talking about standing next to the couch, not sitting on the arm! It really is not going to be too much of a hassle, and definitely worth it :)

Awww...he is shy....very sweet! I'm glad you made him pose so we can see all of his hard work. You are very lucky you have a helpmate.

And I think that you not only lucked out on that bargain, but with the wood trim. It will look so good in your wood paneled room.

Oh yeah, there is room! In the photos it just looks even worse because a lot of stuff is laying around for working on the stand and because I'm rearranging a few things.

The wood trimming really goes so well with the paneling, that's the thing that I already like a lot about my goldfish tank tank :)