Relaxing Video Of My 170G

Migaloo

:heart Oh my goodness! I am in awe! You have some very beautiful jaw dropping fish! Your red cap oranda (Migaloo?) is simply stunning! My Cherry needs to get well and GROW! I absolutely LOVE your orange ryukin/veiltail!? What a handsome graceful fishy, Wonderful flowing fins! :D

Sorry I am not familiar with the names of your fish, I will remember them in time! ;)

Sush happy busy fish! :Congrats:

:heart

Edited by U.K. Becs

Wonderful! Your fish look amazing, and the tank is so pretty! You seem to like white fish, considered you like that white comet. I just saw you do have vision impaired fish, so unless you are up for special-needs-care, you should just knock that comet out of your mind :bubbles

Thanks everyone :)

I truly love this tank - so far it has given us much pleasure! All it needs is a gorgeous calico ryukin! ;)

Would you believe there are 10 bristlenose in there also - 8 babies ranging from 1/2 an inch to 2 inches and 2 adults (about to be 3 adults :rolleyes: ) The two half inch ones are so tiny and get about the tank like adults!

What a great tank and fish you have migaloo! Quite awesome! Beautiful!

hey do I spy two telescopes? Your Black Moor and a Panda?

Edited by blackteles

yeah they are hard to see - if you look carefully you can 2 moors in the full tank shot at the start - around 0:07

I didnt think Panda had lost alot of blac because she still holds so much, but by comparing these pics, she has lost alot and looks quite different now! She had lots of black around her belly area before, but thats gone now, so its only on her top half, fins and tail now.

Its weird because where the black used to be around her belly has now changed to a subtle yellowish/gold colour. Interesting!

Before:

24092010021.jpg

More recent: (sorry for the tail split in this pic - its all healed up now)

23102010324.jpg

One of the moors :) "Google II" - He is the opposite! He had a white belly before as in the photo below, but he has turned blacker - the white belly is almost black (although I dont have a recent pic of this) - weird!

)googleII.jpg

That's my dream tank, right there. If I was rich, and had the time to spend on my tank, that's pretty much exactly what I'd do.

How big is that red cap? In a `170 gallon, she looks enormous!

Thank you for your lovely comments! It is my first video of this tank! :)

Locke the oranda is pretty big, although ive never measured him - he's about hand sized - and fat!

Oh - Im far from rich! I have too many animals to be rich... they're the reason Im always poor! :rofl I convinced my fiance it could be our wedding present to ourselves :P

If I was rich... I would have tanks in all the walls of the house and pay people to look after them :angelstaf:

I am finding this tank extremely easy to look after! Last week I hadnt changed the water for 8 days (I have been changing 50% every 5 - 7 days) and my nitrates were LESS than 10! It takes me a good 30 minutes to thoroughly vacuumm, then I just give the glass a wipe and I just chuck the python in to fill it up again... and off I go - Too easy! ;)

I really only spend about an hour a week on it, and about 80 hours looking at it!

Edited by Migaloo

Thank you for all the lovely comments :)

Yes I am very proud of this tank :D

I've not had the tank for that long, but am really starting to notice some good growth with the smaller fish. I am also positive my big ryukin has grown considerably - although he was biggish when I got him, he used to look noticably smaller next to the redcap, but he seems to be catching up!

Thanks again! :)