A Horror Story Averted....

I went to a friend's house a few weeks ago, and saw two little commons in one of those bowls with no filter or anything...The fish just kind of sat there looking dejected. I felt sad for them. I mentioned my new goldfish and how I'd learned how much room they need and how important it is for them to have good quality water, but didn't really expect much to happen.

Anyway, when I went there over the holiday weekend, there was one goldfish in a bigger tank with a filter.

It turns out that one of the fish had died in the old bowl, and when they went to put more water in, my friend had broken the bowl...so they rescued the remaining fish and went down to the pet store and bought a new tank. My friend said that she remembered what I'd said about more room, and that's why they got the bigger tank. (It's still not big enough - about 3 gallons, but I figure it's better than nothing.)

:rolleyes:

Hey that's a good start! A shame about the other fish though. Perhaps you should show them this website and I'm sure that they care enough that they'd love to care for the fish.