Uh Oh...

Fish_Fanatic

This morning I woke up and took a look at my fish. I noticed a couple small, slightly fuzzy white spots on both of them. It doesn't look like ick, I've dealt with that a few times. I'm thinking it could be fungal. I'm really not sure where they could have picked this up though. I haven't introduced anything new into the tank. The last thing I put in there is a marimo moss ball, but that was at least 4 months ago. Where does something like this start?

Just to give you a rough idea of my setup, it's a 38 gallon, running 440 gph filtration, a bubble wall that just runs during the day, and 2 goldfish (one ryukin, one moor).

I'm going to go do a water change now, and then probably treat with pimafix, but I'd still like to know why they got this, if anyone has any input?? Thanks!

I have a couple of my fish prone to these fuzzy spots on their tails. :doh11: I used to treat with salt every time, but now I just let them be and they just go as fast as they came - usually in a few days. Just make sure you scrub down the walls and floor well - that is usually where they pick up those nasties.

Well, I just did a good water change, and doesed with pimafix. jpond, I don't know the water params right now... my test kit expired, and I can't quite afford a new one right now (those liquid tests are expensive!!), but the water should be in ideal conditions.. I'll take a sample into work and test it there, but that won't be for another few days.

Hopefully this just clears up really quick. :)