Nano Cube Ceramic Rings

Guest Mike and Linda

Guest Mike and Linda

I have Aqua clears filters. I am using the Fluval Ceramic Rings right now for my bio media and I want to try the Nano Cube Ceramic Rings because the hole looks to be bigger and I want to know if they would be a good choice.

I was using the AC biomax but find that they fall apart and do not last long.

I have Aqua clears filters. I am using the Fluval Ceramic Rings right now for my bio media and I want to try the Nano Cube Ceramic Rings because the hole looks to be bigger and I want to know if they would be a good choice.

I was using the AC biomax but find that they fall apart and do not last long.

Dunno Mike...I've been using the AC Biomax in three filters for over a year and they're holding up fine for me...I haven't noticed any deterioration.

I see where Dr. Foster and Smith sell they're own brand of ceramic rings which they claim to be better designed to hold more beneficial bacteria. Worth a shot if you don't like the AC rings. ;)

Guest Mike and Linda

My bio max is starting to fall apart. My fluval bio rings are still good. I want to convert evrything over to ceramic rings that have a hole in the middle to hold the bbs.

I just was not sure of the nano rings they look good. I am going to buy a box Wed.

Guest Mike and Linda

What about a sponge filter. I have a 40 breeder and I use a sponge filter for a 40g but I want to replace it with a sponge filter for 80 gallons so it will give me a little more sponge. I want to know if it would be ok to replace the sponge for 40 gal with a sponge for 80 gal?

My fish like to nibble on them.

• Admin

i dont see why not. My goldfish also nip at mine too. :) I think if you got the room and the air pump to run a larger one go for it, give more room for the BB's to grow :)