Here We Go Again

redfish

Get out the Koko stick, we didn't QT.

There is a small local aquarium fish business (just a guy in his garage) which I seldom go because we have no car, yesterday we borrowed a car to go. :) Gave up on the local chain store. He only brings in a few goldfish at a time, and his supplier QTs before shipping. All tanks in this little store have separate systems so no cross contamination. This guy has been there a few months with one oranda who had been there 8 months and both looked great. I know it is a risk, but so far QT in my little 5g tank has not gone well. He & Boog hit it off instantly, and Boog seems so happy & active. He was so depressed acting alone. :(

Anyway, on to the intro. He has no name yet. I think you would describe the colour as bronze. He is about 3 inches nose to end of tail. He has a great appetite, and very busy!

IMG_3037.jpg

Edited by redfish

Congratulations on the new fish! What happened to Elliot? I do remember seeing another fish beside Boog in your sig before. Either way, congrats on the new guy! Great coloring!

Congratulations on the new fish! What happened to Elliot? I do remember seeing another fish beside Boog in your sig before. Either way, congrats on the new guy! Great coloring!

Thanks! :)

Elliot was floaty (not upside down, just couldn't stay down, always bobbing to the surface), I tried various methods..peas, fasting, Epsom salt. He was dead one morning.:( I'm guessing maybe the floating was not food or constipation related, but maybe he had an internal problem? No idea.