Frisky Behavior?

molbert73

I just have a question about Louie's (my orange and white oranda) behavior. He loves to nudge around Bob and Tater Tot in their behinds. From what I have read this is breeding behavior but it only happens just after feeding time. Why is he only feeling frisky when he has a full belly? He isn't shoving anyone out of the way while they are eating. It happens a few minutes after the food is gone. This is new since I brought home the Tater from what I can tell.

Maybe we need to change Bob's name.

Well, does he do that always except for during feeding? In that case he is probably just distracted by the food and then goes right back on.

Does Louie have breeding stars? Does it look like he is pushing the other fish around in front of him?

That would sound a lot like breeding behavior then.

I am not sure why it is on the behind but from what I gather its a greedy thing, he just wants all the food, unless it harms the others I would not look nto much into it

Nope, he only does it right after feeding and it only lasts a few minutes. . He is pushing them from behind just like if he were trying to push eggs out. No breeding stars that I can tell but he does have a bit of a wen and he does NOT hold still.

Edited by molbert73

It could be a dominance/territorial thing...as long as he's not really harassing the others then I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

By the way...I get a little frisky after I eat a big meal...is that so bad? :pp

By the way...I get a little frisky after I eat a big meal...is that so bad? :pp

I just get TIRED. Now this makes me feel old :glare:

Dennis I was gonna say so does my husband, but I left that out :):P

Fang, me too. I just ate dinner and now I could go to bed.

I'm not worried, just curious. It just seems like play for now but I will certainly keep an eye on them.