Cyst?

number20121

I'm in the middle of a water change and noticed Hugo has something on her left gill cover. It looks like a cyst, clear-ish/slightly pink. It is maybe two millimeter long and one millimeter thick, I wouldn't even have noticed it if I hadn't seen her right from above and saw her face looking uneven.

I'm not sure if it is an actual cyst or a scraping wound. I picked her up and held her in the water to get a closer look at it, and the surface of it is uneven. So it doesn't look like a blister really, from this angle it looked like a tiny scrape (on the driftwood maybe?).

She acts completely normal, no flashing, nothing, eating well. No actual redness around the thing either, just pink-ish inside.

So how do I tackle this? Just pristine water and salt? How much salt?

Gracie had a TINY little spot the other day on her side. It went away in a few days by itself. Just with clean water. You can salt if you see it getting red. It's just like we get a small spot from time to time I think. :)

I'm wondering if she got that from swimming through the bubble curtain at the back of the tank, because she always HAS to squeeze herself between the airline tube and the glass. She thinks it's funny, maybe she somehow scraped herself or irritated her face from having the tube rub over her face seven thousand times a day. :rolleyes:

You see the tiny dark spot in the middle of the big white part on her gill cover in my signature? It is right above that tiny dark spot, and smaller than that spot.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang