Hi!

teetsymomo

Hi everyone! I'm the proud mommy of two adorable little goldfish. Teetsy is a calico fantail and Momo is a red Ryukin. I've had Teetsy for 2 weeks and I recently acquired Momo the day before Thanksgiving. They are the best of friends. It seems as though Momo is a male, because he keeps chasing my sweet little dainty little pearl drop of a fantail all around the tank. She looks at me saying, "Mommy, make him go away." :please They are both about 2 3/4 inches including their fins. Right now they are in a 5 gallon aquarium, I know, I know, it's too small, but it was given to me as a birthday gift from my boyfriend 2 weeks ago. I'm in the process of looking for a really nice stand and then I'll be getting a 30 gallon.

I'm looking forward to gain much knowledge from all of you.

:r030:

Great to hear that you're looking to expand to a 30 gal tank...definitely your best move concerning your GF. The first positive step to success is being open to suggestion from experienced fanciers and there are quite a few here to assist you! Best of luck!

You've come to the right place...welcome aboard! :hi

Welcome to Kokos! It's very very commendable you're upgrading for the perfect size tank for them! 2 in a 30 is the perfect number which will allow them to grow and thrive. Make sure you don't get anymore for the 30 gallon.

Once again welcome to Kokos! :heart

Edited by Haruka

2 fancy fish will be fine in a 5 gallon for a couple of weeks seen as they are fairly small now, nice to hear you will be getting a 30 gallon tank and I think you may want to buy another red ryukin to keep the one being chased company seen as a fancy requires 10 gallons each

Welcome to Koko's ! Hope you would post some of your goldfishes' pics up! ;)

I'm new here as well and it's such a helpful friendly forum to be part of! I've already learnt sooooooo much and it's only been a couple of weeks!:)